SCORPIONS and RATT US TOUR!!!

time machine???? that wasnt long ago...maybe like 5 or 6 years. Where were you?

I wasn't a heavy concert goer back then like I am now. Not to mention that outside of MAYBE Halford I probably knew of none of those bands back then. At my age, yeah it was a long time ago. :lol:

I was thinking too that Edguy could gains ome great expsoure in the US on one of these tours such as Scorpions or Iron Maiden. I don't think that Edguy could be direct support but throw them in as a third band to kick off the show and give them 45 minutes. How great of a bill would Scorpions, Ratt and Edguy be? Like someone else said, Edguy's current direction has more in common with those bands than the power metal sound. How about Iron Maiden, Dream Theater and Edguy? That would be amazing. A few years ago you had Dio, King's X and HammerFall... I bet that 75% of the people who went out to support that tour had no clue who HammerFall was.. before that they opened for Death in 1998. Since the Dio tour I have seen HammerFall play to nice size crowds in the US as a headliner. I hope and pray that one of these days, hopefully sooner than later bands like Edguy, Primal Fear, Stratovarius etc will get a chance to shine on a major bands tour. What about KISS? Tobi and Eric Singer do Avantasia together... I know its probably impossible to tell Gene or Paul to do something but I bet it couldnt hurt for Eric to say hey how bout bringing my buddies Edguy over as an opener and then another bigger band goes on between us and them. I want bands like Edguy to blow up so bad here. Hopefully Gus G can start something as Firewind gets more recognition thanks to his position in Ozzy.

I was thinking too that Edguy could gains ome great expsoure in the US on one of these tours such as Scorpions or Iron Maiden. I don't think that Edguy could be direct support but throw them in as a third band to kick off the show and give them 45 minutes. How great of a bill would Scorpions, Ratt and Edguy be? Like someone else said, Edguy's current direction has more in common with those bands than the power metal sound. How about Iron Maiden, Dream Theater and Edguy? That would be amazing. A few years ago you had Dio, King's X and HammerFall... I bet that 75% of the people who went out to support that tour had no clue who HammerFall was.. before that they opened for Death in 1998. Since the Dio tour I have seen HammerFall play to nice size crowds in the US as a headliner. I hope and pray that one of these days, hopefully sooner than later bands like Edguy, Primal Fear, Stratovarius etc will get a chance to shine on a major bands tour. What about KISS? Tobi and Eric Singer do Avantasia together... I know its probably impossible to tell Gene or Paul to do something but I bet it couldnt hurt for Eric to say hey how bout bringing my buddies Edguy over as an opener and then another bigger band goes on between us and them. I want bands like Edguy to blow up so bad here. Hopefully Gus G can start something as Firewind gets more recognition thanks to his position in Ozzy.

Edguy and Kiss don't fit. Sorry.

I think Ozzy would be open to it, but you know who has the pull as far as his tours are concerned.

This will be a great tour! I am starting to suspect that Poison will take Cinderella out on the road with them this year. That would also rule!

you really think that 3 shows put Behemoth and Amon Amarth on the map? wow. That tour only lasted a few days before it was over, remember?

Ha!! You are right. To be honest, I forgot this thing only lasted like a week.
I guess we were very lucky that Chicago was early on in the tour.

Well, I think it was both band's first gigs in the States though right?

You can't compare a DIO tour that played very small venues to that of a Scorps or Maiden tour.

I hate to keep saying this, and don't take it personal, but there are many of you who simply do not get the business aspect of all of this.

Yes, Edguy could certainly directly support a more well known band who plays places like the House of Blues (IE - WASP, DIO, MOTORHEAD, etc). Playing arenas and sheds is a completely different ball game.

This would be a kick-ass tour! Saw the Scorpions not too long ago and they were awesome. Actually, haven't ever had the chance to see RATT. Sure hope it comes around.
Hey A-M!

Well, I'd like to see the Scorpions again since they kicked ass when I saw them back in 2002. However, I just saw RATT on the ShipRocked cruise this past November. We actually left halfway through their set. They were so incredibly terrible, it wasn't funny. I didn't realize that Stephen Pearcy was still with the bad and thought that the guy was doing a bad Pearcy imitation. That is, until I found out it was him. Ugh...

I also hardly saw them the entire 5 days of the cruise. All the other bands were more accessible than them and they were the worst. Sucked because I was a HUGE fan of Ratt when they released Out of the Cellar. I used to play along with that album over and over (and I do mean album - lol!). Such a shame to see how the mighty have fallen.