SCOTT IAN Issues Public Apology To DANNY LILKER Over "Behind The Music" Special

supercharger

New Metal Member
Dec 27, 2001
Visit site
From BLABBERMOUTH.NET

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/

ANTHRAX's SCOTT IAN Issues Public Apology To DANNY LILKER Over "Behind The Music" Special - Mar. 23, 2002

ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian has contacted BLABBERMOUTH.NET in order to publicly apologize to former ANTHRAX (and current S.O.D.) bassist Danny Lilker for any misrepresentation of facts or confusion brought on by the recently-aired VH1 Behind The Music documentary on the group. Here is Ian's statement in its entirety:

“Hello blabbermouth.

“I'm sending you this letter in the hopes that you will post it for all to see.

“I would like to apologize to Danny Lilker for any of the confusion caused by the recent ANTHRAX Behind The Music [documentary].

“The chronology of the show may lead you to believe that Danny was not a part of the band while we were making demos, shopping them to [Megaforce Records head] Jonny Z, getting signed to Megaforce, and ultimately writing and recording [ANTHRAX's debut album] Fistful Of Metal.

“This is certainly not the case.

“As I stated in my Alpha Mail column at anthrax.com, 'without Danny Lilker there is no ANTHRAX.'

“Underneath that cold Black Metal exterior, Danny is one of the nicest guys in the world, and I'm sorry if this caused him even a moment's pain.

“Thanks for your time, Scott Ian”

“P.S.: The new DOWN record rules.”

Some buddies of mine came over last night before we went pub-crawling, and they wanted to view Kill Yourself: The Movie and then we watched the bonus footage (the pool scene :D ) in Speak English or Live. As we were laughing our asses off, all I could think was "what a shame these guys can't get along."