Check This Out!!!! S.o.d. Update!!!!!

LOAroberto

Feb 14, 2002
NJ
www.lifeofagony.com
Former FEAR FACTORY Duo Approached To Join S.O.D. - May 15, 2002

Former FEAR FACTORY guitarist Dino Cazares and drummer Raymond Herrera have been contacted by S.O.D. frontman Billy Milano about the possibility of replacing Scott Ian and Charlie Benante (both of ANTHRAX), respectively, in the current S.O.D. line-up, Herrera has revealed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET. Although initial discussions between Milano and the ex-FEAR FACTORY pair had taken place, Billy's requirement that the duo commit to the group on a full-time basis was met with resistance from Cazares and Herrera, both of whom are in the process of launching new projects that will take up the bulk of their time during the coming months.

Although there has been no official word from either side, it is believed that Milano's efforts to replace Ian and Benante in S.O.D. stem from the highly-publicized disagreements between the parties over Billy and former ANTHRAX/current S.O.D. bassist Danny Lilker's exclusion from the recently-aired VH1 Behind The Music special on ANTHRAX, which Ian had publicly admitted minimized Lilker's contributions to the group.

S.O.D. Frontman Confirms Approaching FEAR FACTORY Duo - May 15, 2002

S.O.D. frontman Billy Milano has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET that he has spoken to former FEAR FACTORY guitarist Dino Cazares and drummer Raymond Herrera about the possibility of having them replace Scott Ian and Charlie Benante (both of ANTHRAX), respectively, in the current S.O.D. line-up.

"I approached Ray and Dino four weeks ago [about joining S.O.D.]," Milano said in a written statement. "They both have their own things going on at the moment so [S.O.D. bassist] Danny [Lilker] and I wish them well. I have nothing but respect for their abilities as musicians. They are also cool people. It would have been interesting to see where it could have gone. Peace, Milano."

I'm thinking Charlie and Scott have all the rights to SOD. I'd certainly hope so. Ex-members of bands can't just take the name. If so you would've had Peter Criss and Ace Frehley calling themselves KISS long ago. Geezer Butler, Bill Ward, and Ian Gillen as Black Sabbath. Nick Menza and Marty Friedman as Megadeth. Ya see Billy, it just doesn't work this way.

S.O.D. without Charlie & Scott would just fucking suck. I remember Billy bitching about how Scott was begging him to do another S.O.D. album and how he didn't really want to. Now he's fucking begging other guys to do the same and wanting them to devote themselves to it full time. What a piece of trash. Balth, if your reading this PLEASE don't do it, I know you know better.

Is Ray Herrara R.J. Herrara, the former Suicidal Tendencies drummer?

I bet Ty's right. Besides, S.O.D. without Charlie and Scott would be like, well, Anthrax without Charlie and Scott.
It would be like a Happy Meal with no toy inside, or something...

yeah, the more i think about this the more it just rubs me in an odd way. from milano's own accound he only did the last s.o.d. project because scott and charlie asked him to. and he even talked recently about his own full time project, so why the hell would he want to continue with s.o.d.? without scott and charlie there is no s.o.d. period. end of statement. it would be like continuing anthrax is scott and charlie weren't in the band, or metallica continuing with a different vocalist and drummer if james and lars left. it would be about as stupid as re-electing george bush!

It's better than no S.O.D. at all. If Billy and Dan continue this I would be both thrilled and grateful.

Herrera is an awesome drummer as well. Last I heard about it though, they declined the offer to focus on their own project.

//LD

Originally posted by nafnikufesin
I can't say I've ever taken SOD seriously, and I have to say that Billy really shouldn't be taking SOD so seriously either.

Well, then there's no problem in him doing it then?

People bitch about Billy trying to get S.O.D. on the road, and how he should call it M.O.D, but M.O.D. is totally underrated and not many clubs or festivals would book them. The S.O.D. name opens a lot of doors, which makes more fans (me) able to see them.

Still, if they were to record a new album, it would feel a bit strange. But if it's good album, who cares? The only fear would be that it turned out to sound like Fear Factory. Like Brujeria did, first two albums were fucking awesome, and then they made that 3rd album sounding like FF. :mad:

//LD

S.O.D. WITHOUT SCOTT AND CHARLIE ISN'T S.O.D. THEY FOUNDED S.O.D. IT'S MORE OF THEIR BAND THAN ANYONE ELSE'S. IT'S LIKE HOW STEPHEN PEARCY WAS RUNNING AROUND TOURING AS RATT WHEN THE CORE OF THE BAND WASN'T EVEN THERE. FUCKED UP IS WHAT IT IS.

SORRY ABOUT THE RATT REFERENCE.

I say Scott and Charlie pick up Kirk Windstein as vocalist for SOD. That dude can fucking crush Billy.

Maybe if Danny Lilker hadn't been caught in such a huge haze of bong smoke, he might have made it onto VH1. Remember, VH1 is doing a documentary about Anthrax, not some jerked-off, two-bit, talentless blob like Brutal Truth or Nuclear ASSault. Wah! Wah!

Yo, Lord of Darkness, think about shit before you say it. Do remember that this is an Anthrax board. Not an SOD board. Not a Danny Lilker board. Not a Billy Milano board.

I have respect for both musicians. But neither one of them ended up on VH1 because they haven't accomplished what Anthrax has. They may have been a part of the history of the band but they are certainly not a part now, nor have they added to the persistence and staying power of Anthrax.

What they or Scott and Charlie decide to do with SOD is up to them. Personally, I could care less.

And, before calling me a homo, take a look at yourself. One with undying love of Danny and Billy seems more like a homosexual than me. You come to their defense as if you were their gimp.

Just relax man.

1. This is a Danny Lilker board. Danny was a founding member of Anthrax.
"There would be no Anthrax without Danny Lilker"-Scott Ian

2. Is Ray Herrera an ex-Suicidal Tendencies drummer?

3. George Bush has my vote!