Scott Walker and James bond??!!

in_my_time_of_disease

Whipping Post
May 29, 2006
Melbourne
I was at a friends place the other day and I walked past his brothers room where he has the James bond film "The world is not enough". Not one of my favorites, but I did see it when it came out in 99. I was like 13 when that came out so I hadn't heard of Scott Walker at this stage. Luckily I happened to walk past his door as the credits were rolling and stuck my head in to see where it was up to and unbelievably Scott walker comes on in the background. I first got into him in like 2001 or around there when Tilt was recommended to me. When I got home I checked out the song. It's a pretty cool little song called "Only Myself to Blame". I'm so surprised it's in that film. I hadn't seen it since 99 so I had no memory of the film let alone the end credits music. It's so odd, given how recluse he is, seems very uncharacteristic. Great track though. He actually wrote it for the score as well, it's not from another album. I heard his song 30 Century Man in Life aquatic, but that seemed more plausible given Wes Anderson always has a good soundtrack, especially that one, it's filled with Bowie and such. Anyway is any one aware of this? As I know there are some Walker fans here. 30 Century Man was also in the Futurama movie iirc. Oh and the track isn't a mind fuck/avantgarge/experimental nightmare haha, its a lot more tame.

Yeh I've heard of the track, do you have it? any chance you could pm it to me? :) I'm curious to hear it...it certainly is very uncharacterstic of him to be involved in such a commercial project.

AH.. This is the thread you were talking about ahaha..

I don't watch James Bond so, i've missed this.. And despite Futurama being my favourite programme.. I've only seen like, a tiny bit of the film :(

The film is awesome...and suprisingly re-whatchable considering it is a documentary.