Scratch in Allegiance / Deliverance

Cygon

New Metal Member
Apr 13, 2008
Hi!

I just completed my Firewind collection with Allegiance (actually got The Premonition before Allegiance). Now in track 6, Deliverance, I can hear a small "scratch" between 3:42 and 3:44 that is driving me crazy :err:

The AccurateRip database says the track has been extracted accurately. I even went as far and downloaded an .mp3 of the track (forgive me!) and it contained the very same scratch.

Is there any release of Allegiance without this scratch?
If anyone happens to have his player open and could check, if the scratch is not there, I'd be very interested in knowing the country, distributor and edition of your CD!

Thanks ahead,
-Markus-

I guess you have to have noticed it once to hear it, but if you're sure your CD indeed doesn't have this scratch, which country did you buy it in and which press is it?

Mine is from germany, Century Media, normal edition.

-Markus-

Would it be legal to post a 5-second clip of the scratch?

I don't know if there's anything like a fair use policy for music, so probably not.

-Markus-

If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, it's the most inaudible blemish in the world :p I never even noticed it until you pointed it out. It's just a micro-second skip at 3:42, right?

i didn't even notice either until it got pointed out.
hm...doesn't ruin the song for me though

Neither does it ruin the song for me, I just happen to be a little bit on the audiophile side and want a clean copy of that song ;)

I was hoping that there might be an edition without this scratch that I can try to obtain. If either Kirst-ehhh or orcslayr23 have another edition of "Allegiance" than me there might be one. Otherwise I'll just accept how it is.

@forgottenglory: Care to explain why my question warrants an insult from you?

Well, yes, as you can see I'm willing to buy (and possibly import) another copy of Allegiance to get rid of it. However, that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the album!

The background behind all this is that I'm archiving all my music in lossless format so I can enjoy it, perhaps even after CD drives are long gone. Think of the equivalent of the meticulously cleaned box of vinyl LPs people had in the past, just with a RAID array and bit-accurately extracted audio files instead. Of course, after extracting a CD, the first time I play it, I carefully listen for any glitches that might indicate a bad rip.

and my parents call ME obsessed with MY favorite band, children of bodom!
it's nothing compared to you obsession with Firewind!

I'm archiving all my music like this, not only Firewind. Would have asked the same if I discovered a scratch in any of my other CDs. My all-time favorite band actually is Eternal Tears of Sorrow :headbang:

I can't quite understand why everyone seems so surprised. I mean, if you discovered a small issue anywhere, not only music, that you might be able to fix with minimal effort (like spending 10 minutes asking for a solution on this forum ;)), why not try?

Of course at some point the effort may not be worth the result anymore, but in this case... :p

-Markus-