Scream For Me Dallas Texas!!

Nomadic

New Metal Member
Jul 12, 2003
Fort Bragg, NC
Visit site
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I'm still glowing from the Maiden concert last night in Dallas. I can't believe all the whiners bitching about the setlist - yeah it was short, but I don't necessarily like concerts that are too long either (the kind where you start looking at your watch after song #16). Plus it was good for me, cause I had a 2 hour drive ahead of me and school the next morning. But anyways I don't care - this was my first Maiden concert, I had to go AWOL for it (and got away clean ;) ) and it rocked my world. You know what else rocked? DIO! I hadn't really got into his stuff before, but as of last night I'm a fan. Motorhead was basically what I expected - loud and brash. Their setlist didn't really do nothing for me, except Killed By Death and of course Ace of Spades.

But back to Maiden - THEY NEVER SOUNDED BETTER. I have no recording, studio or live, that matches the way they sounded last night, especially Bruce. People who say he doesn't have it like he used to don't know what they're talking about, he fucking wailed his ass off. Die With Your Boots On and Revelations came off beautifully.

I just couldn't believe I was finally seeing my favorite band in the world in concert. When the concert was ended, and I was taking a good look at the stage set with all the images of Eddie as I exited, I felt extremely emotional. For the longest time, I'd been the only Maiden fan I knew in person. And here I was surrounded by folks who shared my love of this band. It was just friggin' outstanding.

So anyways, setlist be damned, it rocked for me and that's all that matters. UP THE FUCKING IRONS.