Sea of Green-Time to fly

greaseball

New Metal Member
This review was posted by a friend of my (Jacob Goblin)at Rock and roll Goblin Zine a few weeks ago. I repost it with his permition!

SEA OF GREEN-Time to fly
This album is the first fullength album from this canadian oufit. And what a album. When Johnny gave me honour to review this masterpiece I didn´t had a clue on what to expect but just after the first poundering beats of the opener "Annihilation" Iunderstood that this is not the last time that my ears would listen to this album (You will never get it back Johnny) and the other songs are impressive as well. Travis Cardinal has a voice that a suites the whole atmosphere that Sea of Green creates.
I guess this could be labeled as stonerrock but it´s more pure 70´s metal than Kyusscloning. In fact Sea of Green don´t sound as Kyuss at all. It´s way better!!

It´s hard to pick a fave-song when all tracks are this good, but i think that the opener "Annihilation" or "deep inside" did a lot of impact on me.This album also contains a coverversion of Pink floyd´s "Breath", and Sea of Green get´s away with it!! That´s not often a band pull off such a thing.

I think this album will be one of those albums that I will remember for a long time, and I hope that Johnny don´t kill me to hard when herealise that he never will get it back. To all you out there that don´t have such a criminal behaviour as me, you better run down to the store and buy (NOT STEAL)
your own copy, because it´s time to fly..................................

Jacob.