Thought you might wanna read about Catamenia

Lord K

Busy pissing on you
May 2, 2002
www.theprojecthate.net
Finland´s Catamenia have a new album out and this is the review of it fuckers.

Catamenia - Eskhata

Ok now ladies and gentlemen...
This is a band that Statik (our webmaster for The Project Hate) is very much into.
and believe me when I say he´s been trying to get me into these fuckers for quite some time by sending me their previous albums. It might not have been his smartest move ever.
I´ve heard 2 albums before of these guys, I didn´t like any of them.

So this is the third effort I´m lucky enough to get.

Ok, lemme see here. They play black metal most of the time when not fucking up things with a song like "Flames". I don´t know if I miss the humour in this or if it´s not done on purpose.
The chorus is a fucken total rip-off of Billy Idol´s "Rebel Yell" or whatever the damn song is named, Billy Idol is not my thing... You know this " Nanananananana...more, more, more" or something like that.
I sincerely hope it´s done on purpose, but funny it isn´t.
Piss fucken bad. BAD AS A MUTHERFUCK EVEN.

They have some cool keyboards parts here and there(mostly there)and a vocalist that tries to sound like Dani Filth. Hence "tries".
Then talking in finnish in intro´s and shit doesn´t exactly make me wanna sell my equipment and stop playing music.

No matter how much I wanna like this band as I know they are fave´s of Statik, friend´s don´t affect my reviews. (maybe if there was money involved, but only then)

This is below standard black metal with alot of melodies, not meaning GOOD melodies though. I have heard worse, absolutely, at least this got a production where you can hear most of the things. But not even a masterchef could make a good soup with a jar of poo in the ingredients.
The poo this time being the actual band.
This gives me absolutely nothing. Nothing but a headache.

Oh, I have to say that there is actually one riff that I like on this album, it´s in the chorus of "Vortex", atleast it doesn´t sound like Billy Idol. And by the way, there´s a bonus song(why the FUCK is it called a bonus song when it comes with every fucken cd pressed?!?!)on this one too(like I really needed that). Statik told me I shouldn´t care about it as it´s a drunken version of a finnish popband´s song.

Don´t even get me started on that one.

Rating? 2 out of 10 at most. For me giving out a 1 or a 10, the stuff have to be really, really bad or something that changes my life. You´ll never see a 10 from me.
This is just bad, so a 2 they get.

And that makes us friends, ha.

Any chance you were watching Entombed in Turku a few months back? It was a great city and we had a fucken blast.

You do know my band plays Tuska festival the 12th of July? No, not Entombed (Jörgen plays bass with them, sings with us), the Project Hate.

You better fucken come there, and don´t give me any bullshit rantings about it´s way too far from Turku, hahaha...

Cheers fucker.