Sea Of Tranquilty channel

Haven't gotten a chance to watch either yet but here's part 1* of Ken's 3/2/22 part 2 vid:

*Parked it here for when I and others can get to it. Easy to find.

Reactions: lasercd
Ok, I'm game... :)

My Desert Island Discs (in addition to an air or saltwater powered generator):

10) The Who - Quadrophenia
9) Peter Hammill - Chameleon In The Shadow Of The Night
8) Moody Blues - Days Of Future Passed
7) Kansas - Leftoverture
6) Jethro Tull - A Passion Play
5) ELP - Brain Salad Surgery
4) King Crimson - Red
3) Yes - Close To The Edge
2) Genesis - A Trick Of The Tail
1) Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

I'm only about halfway through the first of the island albums videos. This really stood out for me. Ken's first turn starts at about 14:40 and he says this descriptive gem at about 17:00 (I think I got this excerpt exact but give the section a listen):
"...If I never heard this album again, it would be a tragic loss for me...."

Perfect.

Fun topic last night. Pretty good picks all around. Surprised no one brought up "21st Century Schizoid Man" since I heard it constantntly on the radio growing up in Southern California.

Fun topic last night. Pretty good picks all around. Surprised no one brought up "21st Century Schizoid Man" since I heard it constantntly on the radio growing up in Southern California.
In NYC in the 70s and 80s I heard everything all the time. Thats why I stuck to actual charting tracks.

Enjoyed the topic tonight. Here are my takes on those 4 albums:

Yes - Tormato: Never one of my top-shelf Yes albums but I enjoy it well enough that it gets a spin every couple of years (6/10)

Rush - Caress Of Steel: The first Rush studio album I bought and I really enjoy most of it. I agree that The Fountain Of Lamneth is a bit choppy, but it also has a lot of great musical ideas. Bastille Day is a fantastic opening track. (7/10)

King Crimson - Islands: This is prime KC in my book and one of the more immersive listens for me from the early KC catalog. I still play it quite regularly. (9/10)

Gentle Giant - Civilian: It is a product of its time and I enjoy it for what it is. Of the four albums under discussion tonight, though, I would rank it at the bottom. (5/10)