SEBASTIAN BACH Says His Voice Still Sounds 'The Same' As It Did In Early Days Of SKID

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
TV Rock Live conducted an interview with former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach on June 28 at Le Forum in Vauréal, France. You can now watch the chat below. A couple of excerpts follow (transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET). On his new album, "Give 'Em Hell": Bach: "The sound of it, and my voice, I can't believe it. I don't understand how… I've been playing rock and roll for, like, 25, 27 years, and it sounds the same, my voice, on the record. There are [other] singers that can [also] do that. Steven Tyler, Ozzy Osbourne… "Some people think, 'Oh, Ozzy, he's not a great singer.' I say, bullshit. I think Ozzy is an amazing singer, because I feel what is in his crazy ficking mind. Like, he sounds, you know… crazy." On his need to be totally into the music that he is performing: Bach: "If I don't believe in the words and the song, I can't sing it… If I don't believe a hundred percent, I can't do it. It doesn't work. Like, in the beginning of SKID ROW, when I was a very young boy, I can remember being in a rehearsal, and we were working on a song that I didn't like, right?! But I said [to myself], 'Oh, don't be a jerk. Give it a shot. Be a good guy. Be nice. Try to be part of the team.' So then I walk up to the mic, and my mouth just shuts. And everybody's, like, 'C'mon, dude.' And I'm, like, 'I'm sorry. I can't do it. I'm sorry.' [Laughs] I didn't get into a rock band to sing music that I don't like." On his all-or-nothing attitude: Bach: "Part of my personality is that I'm either all or nothing. Like, I either totally love something or… I just said that in my last question… it's either all of nothing. And I love [my fiancée] Minnie [Gupta]; I really love her. And she tells me sometimes that I love her so much that I push her away. She, like, 'You suffocate me. You're like an avalanche.' She uses that word as a verb to me. She's, like, 'You're avalanching me.' [Laughs] And I was, like, 'I just love you. I don't know what to say.'"

More...