Second Wave Tour (Mixed Emotions)

Eagle

Raging Heathen!
Sep 10, 2002
Northern Shores Of The Humber
Visit site
I'm sure most of you on here are aware that Les Dawson Saxon, Girlschool, Tygers Of Pan Tang & Million have rescheduled their Second Wave tour to commerate the 25th anniversary of the NWOBHM.

I've seen Tygers twice in recent years and they put on a good show and I'd also really like to see Girlschool. However I have mixed emotions because if I get a ticket then I'm sort of supporting the fake Saxon and I can't do that as I'm loyal to the true Saxon.

This is doing my head in!

And I'm going to reopen a can of worms.

Why can't Les Dawson Saxon just change their name then all would be ok?

Anyway here are the tourdates

October 2003

16th Weymouth Pavillion
18th Glasgow Garage
19th Newcastle Opera House
20th Birmingham Academy
21st Bradford Penningtons
22nd Liverpool Olympia
24th Milton Keynes ..TBC
26th Wigan Maximes
27th Ipswich Corn Exchange
28th Bristol Bier Keller
29th Cardiff University Union
30th London, Shepherds Bush Empire..TBC

I'm thinking on the same lines as you Eagle.

I wouldn't mind going just to see Girlschool again, but the fact that Mickey/Mouse Saxon are headlining puts me off.

Think I might just wait and see what I feel like on the day.

You think you have a dilemma ? I want to see the Tygers and Girlschool but of all the gigs Girlschool arent doing is Bristol ! Now do I shell-out just for the Tygers as I have no intention of watching OD Saxon as their singer really is crap . I saw them support Dio in London and I must admit the sound was pretty good but Wardy ? no thanks!. He looks and sounds like someone who hasnt realised Gazzari`s club on Sunset has long gone. Does anyone know why Girlschool arent doing Bristol ?

Tygers are well worth seeing. Eagle and I went to see them last year and they were excellent! I still wouldn't pay to see them on this tour though, as a percentage of my hard earned cash would still go into the pockets of Mickey Mouse Saxon, even if I walked out before their set!