Secret Sphere

Eyes Of Horus

Sep 19, 2005
Illinois
When did this happen? I went to Secret Sphere's website to check on when the new album was coming out and found this:

SECRET SPHERE PARTS WAYS WITH SINGER ROBERTO RAMON MESSINA

After 12 years, 6 albums, and tours around the world, Roberto has decided to leave the band due to a different point of view concerning the musical directions. “We are very thankful for what Roberto did for the band during all these years, we are friends before musicians , he was with us since the beginning and the fans are really closed to his voice. The split happened during the recordings of the 7th album, but in a friendly way we wish Roberto all the best for his future. We still have in our hands our best album so far and we are 100% concentrated to give to the band a new incredible voice. A new singer means to give a new face to the band and our fans deserve the best and we'll give 'em the best!

I can't wait until the new singer is revealed. People will shit their pants! (Yes I know who it is).

Michael Luppi? just a wild guess in the dark.

and will Roberto still sing for Alkemyst?

How could they part ways with him!!! How many other lead singers you going to find that dance around barefoot onstage. *wink.
Anxious to hear the new singer. :)

I've always liked this band's music, but I've never cared for Roberto's vocals. Here's hoping they find the right voice.

This is depressing for me as they are one of my favorite "underground" prog metal bands. Can't imagine them without his vocals and am forever grateful to have had the opportunity to see them perform live on the PP stage.

With that said, I am intrigued by the Madman's statement. Any idea as to when it will be revealed? If you can, send me an inmail as I would love to know:loco:

This is depressing for me as they are one of my favorite "underground" prog metal bands. Can't imagine them without his vocals and am forever grateful to have had the opportunity to see them perform live on the PP stage.

My feelings EXACTLY! Loved their set despite wardrobe issues some people seem to have. Really?
With that said, I am intrigued by the Madman's statement.
Indeed!! Look forward to this announcement, though I think I have a "clue". :err:

OT:
Oh, Milton, phuffft. Calm thyself.

:lol: Ann Marie, I'm as calm as someone who's having a baby in less than 20 days could be, lol. That being said, nothing makes me happier than giving Pat some crap every time I can! :heh:
Twenty days!? Give us the update when it happens! BTW Pat needs to get crap on a regular basis, I agree.

MICHELE LUPPI!

I know someone here on the forum called it. All of a sudden, my interest for the band has increased tremendously. :)

Italian power metallers SECRET SPHERE have announced the addition of former VISION DIVINE and current THAUROROD vocalist Michele Luppi to the group's ranks.

Commented SECRET SPHERE: "As previously stated by band the vocalist replacement is a new beginning, especially after more than 10 years of a career. There are risks to make, mistakes and lost years of work, otherwise you can bring the band to the next level and find the missing link to give the right dimension to the project... And definitively for SECRET SPHERE we are talking about the second option, no doubt that they will bring their career to the next level with the addition of extraordinary singer Michele Luppi. He doesn't need any kind of introduction; with his music he widely demonstrates his talent and in a very short time Michele contributed to the new album writing lyrics and melodies, delivering one his best works to date."

Added guitarist Aldo Lonobile: "We're extremely happy to welcome Michele to our family. Everybody knows what Michele can do with his voice, so I prefer to spend few words saying that I found a great person to work with and a great new friend and for sure you will catch the great atmosphere we have inside the band listening to the new album!"

Stated Luppi: "I'm very proud to be the new singer of this fantastic group! All the guys in the band made me feel part of the family ever since we met for the first time. Our forthcoming album, 'Portrait Of A Dying Heart', is by far one of the best album I've done, though I'm still recording my vocals. I wanna thank them for their trust and belief, and I'm willing to share all my experience and passion in order to write and perform our music the best way we can... For us and, most of all, for you."

SECRET SPHERE's seventh album, "Portrait Of A Dying Heart", will be released later in the year through Warner Music (Japan) and Scarlet Records (rest of the world).

And as I stated back on April 1st! The new singer is MICHELLE LUPPI (KILLING TOUCH, VISION DIVINE).

I'm curious to hear what Roberto is going to be doing now. If "musical differences" was the reason he left, I wonder which way he was hoping the band would go.

Color me intrigued! I haven't really kept up with this band since "Scent Of Human Desire" and their ProgPower appearance (which left a little to be desired, and not because of their image), but I'll certainly be checking out what they have to offer with Luppi on the mic. In the meantime, I really hope that Ramon Messina continues to work with Alkemyst, as I found what they were doing more interesting than Secret Sphere's output.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert