Secrets of Flight

Guitardeth

Drick bärs nu för faan!
Apr 29, 2004
Hello everyone!

This may have been discussed before, I'm still kinda new.. But anyway:

Secrets of Flight have some fun "borrowed" parts if I'm not wrong. This can only be confirmed by the band of course, but I think this may be some kind of tribute to these bands:

(The time signs are in Secrets of Flight, of course :dopey:)

04:21 -> Spock's beard - Thoughts. I may be wrong, but aren't there some
tremendous similarities?? =D

08:53 -> Opeth - By the pain I see in others. In the very end of that song (perhaps some several minutes after the song has ended) there are some back-played vocals, like a hidden track or so. Is this perhaps something deliberately influence on SC?? :loco:

Anyone else who have found something fun on the tracks?

You have a point, but have you heard the Opeth song? It's somehow reminding of it.. I may be wrong, this is just my guesses. :D

Guitardeth said:
Hello everyone!

This may have been discussed before, I'm still kinda new.. But anyway:

Secrets of Flight have some fun "borrowed" parts if I'm not wrong. This can only be confirmed by the band of course, but I think this may be some kind of tribute to these bands:

(The time signs are in Secrets of Flight, of course :dopey:)

04:21 -> Spock's beard - Thoughts. I may be wrong, but aren't there some
tremendous similarities?? =D

08:53 -> Opeth - By the pain I see in others. In the very end of that song (perhaps some several minutes after the song has ended) there are some back-played vocals, like a hidden track or so. Is this perhaps something deliberately influence on SC?? :loco:

Anyone else who have found something fun on the tracks?
Very funny to here this cause I wrote the music for SoF together with Marcel and we don't listen to both named bands at all!! :)
Backplayed tracks are rather a sound-effect than a trademark for any band or artist.

Rob

Bassist Sun Caged
www.robvanderloo.com

Really? Wow, that's kinda cool how things sometimes just get so close but still have nothing do do with eachother! o_O

Well, you're right about that backplayed-stuff, it just hit me when I listened to SoF for the first time..

That's still an awesome song, anyway! =D