Anticipation

I'm higly anticipating the first SC album. I keep going over the samples. I'm not the one to scour the net for a complete download. From all the material I've heard Secrets of Flight is still my favorite.

Reading the reviews I see that SC is often compared to other progbands, like DT, Ayreon, Meshuggah etc. I fail to see a comparison to Ayreon however. Only productionwise there is an obvious similarity I'm sure. Also André's voice is often compared to James Labrie's. I think André has a voice which is very unique and much to my liking. Perhaps same range as Labrie's.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the new website. Too bad people can't download the "old" demos at the moment. I'm glad I got those in my files.
I wonder when the board will be flooded with new fans. This is a thing that is waiting to happen.

Well, still 8 days to go now!
I can just manage to keep that up.

keeper of the flame said:
I think André has a voice which is very unique and much to my liking.

thinking the same here! His singing on the demo version of Sedation (the first verse I really like) and on track7's sample are among my fav sung lines :)

I dont really see the ressemblance with LaBrie but hey, if Sun Caged did the same album but said they were greatly influenced by AC/DC, you can bet your butt that people would have found a ressemblance between André's voice and Dave Evans'! :D

cant wait for my copy to arrive... When will disque.nl be allowed to ship it?

I must agree that I don't see much similarities between the Sun Caged singer and JL. He sounds like he was influenced by him a lot, but not an exact copy. People need to understand the differences between sounding like someone and being influenced by someone.

I heard about this band at DT board actually. I think Marcal goes there from time to time. anyways, I heard hollow and I'm a fan eversince. Andre's voice is incredible. since I am a singer with a discent range, I always try moulding my voice to JL. now that I've heard Andre's voice, I think it suits my style even better. I can hit all the notes in secrets of flight and sedation. I can hit the notes of hollow but can't understand the lyrics. so now I'm gonna try follow Andre's style. This will continue until I find my own. anyways, the point I'm trying to make is, Suncaged has got a new fan. you guys are my new heros. :hotjump:

Pain of salvation is some serious $hit. music goes from new skool nu-metal to old skool heavy metal. the chilling screams by Gildenlow is simply awesome. he goes on high notes time to time but I believe he uses his head voice, sometimes even falsetto. After a certain note one can no longer use chest voice to produce clean sound I believe. yes, I can hit high F#. but Gildenlow hits high G sometimes, which is quite out of my range. so yeah, another good band to follow. but right now I'm too impressed by Andre.