When was your first time

Don't be afraid! I'm not going to ask you about your sexual experiences.

I would like to ask everyone to think back of the time you first heard about SC. Where, when was that?

the first time I came across the name SC was when I visited the Ayreon website and saw that Mr. Lucassen was preparing for a live show. He had found a exeptional good keyboardplayer called Joost van den Broek from SC.
After seeing this guy playing on the Star One/Ayreon tour I had to find out more about SC. I read a review of their latest demo on the Prog4you website and knew from then on that these guys were playing major league. After downloading the songs and after seeing them play live with Vanden Plas I realised they had become my new hobby. :)

Wouter

hmmm cool topic. I'm a member of the dutch forum www.gitaarforum.nl and i saw a topic about marcel coenen. So i checkt his website and saw the movies and i was totally blown away! then i checked the sun caged website and al the pics and reviews and loved the songs! Then i discovered this forum and now i'm a major Sun Caged fan!

I must consider myself a relative old fan, 'cause I knew about SC when they were being born. I met Marcel through the internet sharing a Paul Gilbert song. By then I was a huge Lemur voice fan (imagine the surprise when the man uploading my song told me he was Marcel). I knew that Marcel was beggining a new project from LV's website, and Marcel himself told me about his new project, still without keyboardist and singer. Not very long after that they presented Joost and their songs from the Scar Winter EP on mp3.com. That was my first experience, and I have enjoyed very much watching this band "grow up".

keeper of the flame said:
the first time I came across the name SC was when I visited the Ayreon website and saw that Mr. Lucassen was preparing for a live show. He had found a exeptional good keyboardplayer called Joost van den Broek from SC.
After seeing this guy playing on the Star One/Ayreon tour I had to find out more about SC. I read a review of their latest demo on the Prog4you website and knew from then on that these guys were playing major league. After downloading the songs and after seeing them play live with Vanden Plas I realised they had become my new hobby. :)

Wouter

lol, almost same story for me :)

I think I learned about the band on the excellent Perpetual Motion forum at the time when they guys released the Scar Winter demo. Although somewhat different to their music now, it was really interesting, not like anything else in the genre...

When I saw it on Marcel's website and they only had Killer banshee and caught in a web (maybe there was another song.. cant remember), back in the days when it still was a project and the lineup was very different...

I actually got banned from the Dream Theater forum for promoting my band.
But it sure as hell works :)

D.

how it started...hmmm let me think....when I started chatting with Marcel Coenen......but how that started I do not know any more

I believe you started chattting with me first. You needed info about a certain someone I know.. If I remember well ;)
D.

well I am not totaly sure about that......how did I get to know about that person in the first place??? someone must have told me about......

I posted a picture of that certain person on a certain forum, and you were interested in finding out more about this person so you looked me up on ICQ :)

D.

no that is not totaly how it went...sorry...but one thing is for sure...first time i saw Sun Caged...it was love at first side!!! i fall in love with your music.

My first time with sun caged was trough Ayreon

I was looking at the site what kind of musicans he had. and so i came on the sun caged site, i went to downloads and downloaded all songs in about 2 minutes:D and started to listen.
A new world opened for me:headbang: