It's been 8 years since I discovered Sun Caged

Mullmuzzler

Jul 26, 2002
Round Rock, TX
Hey guys, what's up?

Well, yes, it's been 8 years since I discovered this great band Sun Caged. Been a fan of Lemur Voice before SC...I've been a fan of Marcel Coenen since I discovered LV....and all I must say, it's been an amazing run (it's sill an amazing run)

I'm currently playing the SC "Scar Winter" EP released through MP3.com...and man, Caged is my all time favorite SC song....

I'm fortunate enough to own Scar Winter, Dominion, Sun Caged and Artemisia as well as both Marcel's solo albums and his live DVD...Marcel's playing is one of my favorite's, especially on his solo album, in which I think his guitar tone is THE BEST that I've ever heard..

Through Sun Caged I have discovered great bands like The Saturnine (where former SC member Dennis Leeflang) and Freak Neil Inc (Rob Van Der Loo's solo album, well and Six Arms, which I deeply enjoy) and Ayreon (because of Joost's playing).

I've seen sveral SC members part ways with the band (Dennis, Sascha, Joost, Rob, and Im pretty sure Im missing the female singer on SC's first EP and probably another singer as well)....

I guess what I'm trying to say is that SC is the first band that I've followed since the beginning....and I'm probably one of SC's oldest fans (8 yrs and counting). I still rmember the Yahoo mailing list (don't know if its still active, Dennis and Marcel used to write a lot of messages and replied to a lot of stuff)...and a proud owner of a Sun Caged cap and Tshirt ordered several yrs ago

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to watch you guys play the Barfest this year since I'm getting married in October and gosh....I would really LOVE to see you in your 1st ever US gig....

To everyone at Sun Caged (past and present): THANK YOU for the wonderful music and I hope I can see you live in the near future...

Marcel, you are an awesome guitar player...I have followed you since Lemur Voice (being Divided on of my all time favorite albums ever) and you just keep getting better and better...and I love your tone and the awesome headbangin and headcrushing riffs you come up with. Keep rocking man!

Well, that's all I wanted to say to SC.

I'll make sure I keep posting around

:headbang::worship:

Hello there, well thanks a lot for following us for so long !!!!

It is cool to see that you are one of the few who have seen the band change and grow, too bad you can not come to BAR fest but I am sure there will be another opportunity sometime to watch us live.

Greets from The Netherlands :)

Marcel

Hey, thanks for sharing. That was a cool post to read. Too bad you won't be at BARfest, but hey, you have a good reason, :) Congrats! (reminds me of how I missed being at a Mike Keneally show in San Diego that later became a dvd due to my own wedding plans ;) )

oh, and one more thing...wait til you hear the stuff we're coming up with for album 3 :cool:

I also have been a fan since the start and marcel is my all time fav guitarist and i was lucky enough to meet them in Holland recently aswell as Gregoor van der loo and Franck Faber (Lemur voice) . Thanks for putting me up Marcel, now its only enchant i have to meet to make the 2 things i wanted to do complete. I hope you have a great BAR fest as you are 1 of the premier prog acts in the world.:worship:

CHEERS MARK