See what I put up with..

"you and I, people who either like rock, metal, indie or emo"

"The ‘dance anthems’ that come out of their stereos are nothing more than pointless noise, computer generated beats that can only be described further as...complete and utter shite."

give me chavs over that lot any day, whining fucks

i read chav is one of the new official words in the dictionary coming from chavo which would mean child in gipsy language
they'd be a crossover of gipsy and bourgoisie/posh culture, style is originating from the poor people up to everybody in society (and well the poors took it first hand from the rich i guess)
goldon earrings for the girls, at least one burberry item, trackies for the guys are some characteristics

Maybe it universally means "manchild", and there we are at Neneh Cherry already.

Edit: Jaaysus, just by looking at the first couple of lines of that article, pure racism :/

"Although the park is mainly full of normal people like you and I, people who either like rock, metal, indie or emo, there are a small minority of chavs who think they can look ‘hard’ by hanging about around a bunch of ‘goffs’, and generally causing trouble by shooting venomous looks to whoever they can. A funny anecdote of mine is hearing about a chavette who drank a bottle of piss (unknowingly) at the local pub, and was so drunk she didn’t even know what it was, then a couple of days later me and my friend saw her, and she preceded in giving US the dirtiest look her ‘bulldog chewing a wasp’ face could. Nice."

hm, the family anecdote goes I did the same as a kid, though I wasn't pissed. And it wasn't as much as a full bottle.

This Maggie always reminds me a novel Maggie, the Girl of the Streets :/

but I'm too old to improve much, I'm sorry

Happy New Year to you too :)