Seeking Birthdays...can u help me?

Karma In Black

A Blessing In Disguise
Apr 29, 2004
Chicago
www.fourteeng.net
Hello all!! :wave:

I have a burning :hotjump:question that I desperately need to have answered. Would anyone happen to know the birthdays of the men of Evergrey? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks ever so much!!:worship:

Hi Karma.
Help is on the way.
Click on any of the headlines, news / band etc, and scroll to Evergrey Fan Club. (English or french version) then click on Band, and your question is answered.
/ minor

December 26th is definitely underrated. I wish they would play more off of The Dark Discovery although I don't see that happening anytime soon. However, I was very excited to hear Blackened Dawn and ProgPower and I definitely went pretty nuts! :)

Also, it would be great to hear She Speaks To The Dead live ... I love this one from Solitude! Wow! Wish they'd play that one too!

Ehh, I know I'm totally off topic here ... :)

Well, I wish they could play every song they've ever made... I guess that's a nice problem when you create 5 masterpiece albums...

Oakenson said:
December 26th is definitely underrated. I wish they would play more off of The Dark Discovery although I don't see that happening anytime soon. However, I was very excited to hear Blackened Dawn and ProgPower and I definitely went pretty nuts! :)

Also, it would be great to hear She Speaks To The Dead live ... I love this one from Solitude! Wow! Wish they'd play that one too!

Ehh, I know I'm totally off topic here ... :)

I'm a huge fan of Blackened and She Speaks To The Dead as well! Another great one is Beyond Salvation

Beyond Salvation does rule! Actually, come to think of it, there isn't an Evergrey song I've heard that I don't like ... they're all amazing! :) However, The Dark Discovery is definitely underrated.

It is truly an underrated album. The reason that they don't play many of the older songs live from what I remember is due to the fact that they do not work well live (I remember reading that in an interview somewhere with Tom - might have been the ProgPower interview booklet). Tom or someone from the band was saying how that the Receation Day CD had songs that both sounded great on CD but also worked well live. That may be why they do not play less older songs. HOWEVER I do remember them playing Blackened Dawn at ProgPower and it sounded amazing.

I am sad that they will never perform "As I Lie Here Bleeding" which is my favorite track off Recreation Day. I can understand they feeling it would not translate live as well...but man is it a heartache!

I also would die to hear either "Dark Waters" or "Watching the Skies". I met a guy at one of the concerts who said he asked Tom why they never played those songs and Tom said that he didn't really like them as much as the others!! (Maybe they would not work well live too I guess - but they are so good).

Tom & Henrik both told me (at the Metro) not to get my hopes up for "As I Lie Here Bleeding" So I just I can do as the title suggests and dream on as my heart was broken with that bit of news! :yell: Tom said that it was a hard song for him to sing vocally live.

I wouldn't mind "Dark Waters" or "Watching The Skies" either.

I got the special edition of Solitude+Dominance+Tragedy, and there was a thing inside, a comment from Tom, saying that two of his favorite songs from that album were Solitude Within and Nosferatu, and that those also tend to be crowd favorites, and are played live often. I hope this holds true when they come here, b/c I LOVE those songs, and would absolutely love to hear them live.
Rock on--stay grey!

It is good to see someone else agrees with me on this point! Actually, I'd consider Evergrey's ProgPower performance to be my favorite concert experience yet. Granted, I haven't been to a ton of concerts but 12 or so I think ... it was totally incredible! It definitely was one of those surreal moments that I'll always remember throughout my entire life!

I could not agree more. That performance is by far the best moment of music I have ever been part of. The sounds quality was absolutely insane. I was up in the second row right in front of Henrik for the whole thing. They kept flinging picks in my direction and I kept dropping them (had a few too many beers). Unbelievable concert.