Seeking vocalist for DOOM

griev0r

Here is Nowhere
May 13, 2007
Florida
Hey guys, and old friends. I haven't been around in awhile but I started a new project with a Finnish guitarist and we are in need of a vocalist, and I will never forget how many bad ass growlers we have in this forum so I figured this would be a good place to look.

We are going for the Euro death doom sound (Saturnus/Swallow The Sun etc). Deep growls, and if you can sing cleanly well that is just a huge plus but not needed. If you can write lyrics to fit the doom style that would be awesome, I can help if needed but I'm no lyricist I just play the drums.

Anyways, this is our first we did, its more of an instrumental but the rest will be more vocal friendly. If you can record with good quality at home and want to get in on the project lets fuckin' do it!

And our second song, which I think is begging for monstrous growls over the chorus.

Just keep in mind these are rough mixes, we are still working on our sound/mix/tones so it will get better as we go along.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds pretty good so far. I would offer my services but can't right now. Plus I already have a Doom thing going (what is with this forum and doom metal bands?). Hopefully someone badass can step up to the job though :headbang:

If I wasnt dealing with my own stuff right know I could give it a shot, I think i can go pretty low for doom stuff. But for a few months I had to go back and live with my parents again for a while my time where I can howl to the moon is limited :(

I was hoping you guys would reply, but seems your talents are being used elsewhere! Shiiittt, owell. The search continues.

DarkGift, I just checked out your doom death band, awesome! Really reminds me of early Katatonia, good shit man.

The search continues... I dont think I have you on facebook mr.griev0000000r. Would you be opposed to that? I have pretty much everyone else I think. That way we could also track your project since you dont hang out on the forums much anymore.

Just an update on this, we got a singer. I'm really fucking excited too cause if his other band is any indication this guy fuckin shreds and has a great clean voice as well. Can't wait to hear the songs with his vocals.

http://orphansofdusk.bandcamp.com/

Check out the song Starless

We thought we would update you on this project. You guys probably didn't know but I took over the vocals for this after some discussions last summer. Pat (greiv0r) and Jani did everything here, I came in much later. We've been sitting on it trying to finish up for a while but I'd love to hear some feedback in the meantime. Pat has re-recorded the drums and there is a better mix in the works, but I wanted to show you guys what we're up to.

Cheers \m/

Last edited:
Reactions: winters epilogue
I probably cant provide good enough feedback, because Im not really a fan of doom genre so don't know much about it but it sounds pretty good production wise, especially like the guitar tone which reminds me of other band I cant seem to remember now. Vocals are fitting, i listened to the whole track without the need to rewind or stop so I guess that means its good :3

Reactions: Belac
I'm glad you guys like it so far, I don't know how long we are from a full release but hopefully it's not too far away.