seems simple, yet im a bit confused

setyouranchor

Celestial Recordings
May 17, 2010
North Wales, UK
Basically, been reading a thread about the Alesis M1 Active monitors and as some of you might know, their pretty bassy. After reading the thread, it recommended taking down 60hz by around 1db

Just asking, would I do this by putting an EQ on my master chain or is there another way?

Im using Logic 9 if thats any difference!

Thank yaaa guizeee

There are most likely dips in the back of the monitor

edit: looks like there isn't, unless you are buying these which have the bass boost dip:

m1active320usb_back_lg.jpg

Dont buy the Alesis

This.

Used to have the M1MkII's. Terrible terrible monitors, especially if you're not in a big room and don't have any treatment.

Super bassy and don't translate well to other speakers at all. Very. Very hard work.

Got some Yamaha HS50's instead and could not be happier. Translate really really well. Maybe I'll grab the HS80's at some point when I move into a bigger, treated room.

Ok so its not just me that they're ridiculously bassy!

I'll look into the HS50's at some point considering they're a similar price.
Any other recommended monitors at a similar price range?
What about the RP5s? Or are they too small?

Thanks guys :)

i have the M1 620's, and i did have problems with bass translation at 1st...partly because i was in an untreated room, partly because the porting makes them pretty boomy

but...i engaged the cut filters on both the low and high end, and turned on the midrange boost, and ever since have gotten much better results