Selling my Caparison...

neverpurify said:
I don't think it's a matter of doing what is or isn't allowed. I think of it more as a courtesy. I like to think that this forum is a few steps up from the HCAF.

Its not spam when caparison guitars are concerned :kickass: , besides there wasnt a problem with this thread until you posted, bringing it down to " HCAF" standards. Ironic, no?

Familia><Publica said:
Its not spam when caparison guitars are concerned :kickass: , besides there wasnt a problem with this thread until you posted, bringing it down to " HCAF" standards. Ironic, no?

Meow! :lol:

Seriously though - as I gather it's quite a rare guitar, the value of which is likely to be appreciated by the kinds of people that use this forum. If he was selling a $100 Squier fair enough, but you can hardly blame a guy selling an expensive and obviously much loved guitar for wanting to make sure that (a) the sale gets a decent audience (b) that it goes to a good home.

You can hardly call it spam given that the dude posting is a forum regular (more so than the dude complaining) and the interest the thread has recieved either - the definition of spam being unsolicited and unwanted advertising.

Steve

Mark_Palangio said:
Like I said, I didn't know if we were allowed to post SPAM or not. I've never posted anything else for sale here, and if Andy doesn't want it here, then I have no problem with him getting rid of it.

this isn't really a spam thread imo. a bunch of us have made threads about selling equipment and it is fine in my book. but each to their own.

Suicide_As_Alibi said:
Meow! :lol:

Seriously though - as I gather it's quite a rare guitar, the value of which is likely to be appreciated by the kinds of people that use this forum. If he was selling a $100 Squier fair enough, but you can hardly blame a guy selling an expensive and obviously much loved guitar for wanting to make sure that (a) the sale gets a decent audience (b) that it goes to a good home.

You can hardly call it spam given that the dude posting is a forum regular (more so than the dude complaining) and the interest the thread has recieved either - the definition of spam being unsolicited and unwanted advertising.

Steve

I always prefer selling my stuff to people on forums I post on, rather than a random person on Ebay. I knew there were some guys who like Caparisons here, including James Murphy, so I just thought someone may be interested.

Mark_Palangio said:
I always prefer selling my stuff to people on forums I post on, rather than a random person on Ebay. I knew there were some guys who like Caparisons here, including James Murphy, so I just thought someone may be interested.

Now there's a braging right: "James Murphy plays MY guitar" haha.

Cheers for the response on the feel/ playability dude. It definately interests me when someone says that it plays smoother than a US Jackson, since that was a problem I had when i tried one, the neck was way too sticky.

Nebulous said:
Now there's a braging right: "James Murphy plays MY guitar" haha.

Cheers for the response on the feel/ playability dude. It definately interests me when someone says that it plays smoother than a US Jackson, since that was a problem I had when i tried one, the neck was way too sticky.

Yeah, you don't get that with Caparisons. The necks are unfinished and smooth as hell. :headbang:

Suicide_As_Alibi said:

Steve

actually I've been here longer than he has:cool: and I browse this forum every single day. The only reason I even said anything negative about this thread is because I'm familar with Mark. He buys and sells more gear than Guitar Center. I just would hate the see these type of threads popping up more and more in the future.

neverpurify said:
actually I've been here longer than he has:cool: and I browse this forum every single day. The only reason I even said anything negative about this thread is because I'm familar with Mark. He buys and sells more gear than Guitar Center. I just would hate the see these type of threads popping up more and more in the future.

As I said, I've never listed anything for sale here before.

neverpurify said:
I don't think it's a matter of doing what is or isn't allowed. I think of it more as a courtesy. I like to think that this forum is a few steps up from the HCAF.

You have got to be joking. You like to think it is???? Lets get some perspective here:cry:

I have been on a lot forums and there is nothing wrong with his thread and he even said he would take it down right in the first post like a good guy

It doesn't matter that he's selling. He posted the link up, then a few of us asked q's about the guitar/ brand, and he answered them. The thread has helped a few of us, so why should we not help him by letting him keep it here?

I wasn't bitching, I was merely giving my opinion on the issue. I'll take this into consideration the next time I want to state my opinion.

Jeez man, don't take it to heart, I was merely trying to say that he's obviously doing nothing wrong, because no admin has deleted the thread. So let's just let the thread go.

Nebulous said:
THAT'S a fucking good price!

EDIT: Damn, I see you're selling US only.

I will ship internationally if the buyer is willing to pay the shipping costs. I shipped a guitar to Scotland and it was $75, and I also shipped another to New Zealand, which was $125.

Yup, I bought Mark's Caparison....hopefully it will be a worthy addition to my current arsenal (just a 1982 Ibanez Destroyer II)...

and I have a Krank Revolution on eBay (serial number 39!!!)...if anyone wants it...I am scared to start a new thread for it though