Send Your Well Wishes to Ronnie James Dio

A7

Live to Win
Feb 9, 2008
Makati, Philippines
www.myspace.com
It was just revealed today that Ronnie James Dio was diagnosed with stomach cancer. Dio's wife/manager Wendy released this statement:

"Ronnie has been diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer. We are starting treatment immediately at the Mayo Clinic. After he kills this dragon, Ronnie will be back on stage, where he belongs, doing what he loves best, performing for his fans.

"Long live rock and roll, long live Ronnie James Dio.

"Thanks to all the friends and fans from all over the world that have sent well wishes. This has really helped to keep his spirit up."

Ronnie James Dio Diagnosed with Stomach Cancer

Please visit Ronnie's website (http://www.ronniejamesdio.com/) and send him your well wishes so he can kill the dragon and continue to rock.:headbang:

I found out yesterday he had been in the hospital for over a week and the European tour was canceled. Ronnie is one of the most genuinely nicest kindest human beings in the world, I've had the pleasure of interviewing and meeting him many times and he always remembers me and is just so fucking awesome! Get well Ronnie!!

Here's the first time I met him at Foundations Forum '91
stars010.jpg
[/IMG]

and just 2 years ago with Heaven & Hell
n1306562670_30398462_1842252.jpg
[/IMG]

Wow, sad to hear, but at least it is in the beginning stages as opposed to a far advanced state. Hmmm. I heard about a shot that they are using in mice that is actually fighting cancer and will be tested in humans next year. I hope for the best for Mr. Dio!!! :headbang:

This is a very sad news i remember when Dio come to Puerto Rico and play on tour with Twister sister tihs a good conciert. He is part on the heavy Metal History. Dio give us way, to play Heavy Metal music and respect
music style of HM

I did a tour shirt for him years back...Ronnie and Wendy are two of the nicest people I've met...Here's to beating the big C and getting back to showing who the greatest singer in rock truly is.

Ronnie we are all just pictures. Images caught in time. Without you we are all just a waltz without a rhyme.

Here's an update from Ronnie's wife:

After a few hiccups between Christmas and New Year’s, such as a blood clot, a trip to the emergency room, and a three day stay at the hospital, we had a quiet holiday spent with family and close friends. Ronnie and I just returned from Houston, where Ronnie had his third chemo treatment, and all seems to be going well. Ronnie and Simon Wright went to see Avatar, which he thought was amazing! He has also been writing more chapters for his book.

While at M.D. Anderson Cancer Centre on his second trip, he met a DIO fan named Carmen who has been having treatment every other day for a year, and is eagerly awaiting a bone marrow transplant. Ronnie and Carmen have become fast friends. Carmen is a very positive happy person whose existence, like Ronnie’s, depends heavily on music and sports. On the third trip, we also met his mom and sister, whose total support is so important to all cancer patients. They have become part of our family as well.

The support we get from all of our friends and fans is such a blessing to Ronnie and I.
Ronnie, Geezer, Tony and Vinny will be doing some interviews in the upcoming weeks to be included in the new 30th anniversary Heaven and Hell DVD due out sometime this year.

We would like to thank Simon Wright, who has been such a help with everything and a good, good friend, of course our doctor at MD Anderson, Dr. Ajani, and especially our family doctor, Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, without whose quick diagnosis and help with all the nurses and hospitals, we would be lost. His care and compassion is unwavering.

Thanks again to all of Ronnie’s friends and fans, and --- by the way ---- Ronnie has not lost any hair yet!

------ Wendy Dio