Sennheiser MD421 U5 UK/Europe

jeid

Terribad
Mar 9, 2009
Scotland
Selling my MD421, it's a great mic but I'm barely using it enough to keep it around these days. It comes in it's Sennheiser case which isn't in original condition, although it does keep it from getting beat up. The mic itself has seen better days, the grill is a little bashed and someone had written/carved DDH 18 on the top of it before I got it. I've no idea why. None of these things affect its performance, but if you like your gear like new, I'd look away from this.

I've never had any problems with the mic, has worked a charm. Used it on loads of sources. Bass amps, toms, kick drums and guitar cabs, never let me down and it always gave me nice results. I don't need to sell the mic, but I figure if someone can make use of it then I'd be willing to let it go to a new home.

The clip works. I've seen 421 in worse condition than this fetching crazy prices on eBay, so.. based on that, I'd say £175 is a decent price, although I'm open to negotiating or even trading for some other mics. I don't need SM57's or tom mics, I am looking for something for room micing though, so if there's a decent condenser on the go, I could be keen.

Some pictures.

IMG_0841_zps60b20759.jpg

IMG_0840_zpsabedd749.jpg

IMG_0839_zps9c4ea5dd.jpg

IMG_0838_zps866d544b.jpg

IMG_0837_zpsb1d66aba.jpg

Wanted one of these for quite some time actually....only real use for it would be guitar cabs for me.

Ended up getting a M201 (affordable) instead which I hear phases easier than the 421 with a 57.

If I had a condenser lying around i'd probably give the trade!