Senseless Fun: The Band Name Game!

ok, I'll think of some changes then

silencer: those with "death - pierce me"? I'm just glad I could get rid of that piece very soon :heh: it's sick. and I mean sick like mentally deranged :zombie:

R - Ragnarok

@Opi: i wait for new directions:p yeah, that's same Silencer, but i never heard them. but... i want this album. they received great reviews...

X - Xysma

ok, here's a proposal. but be aware that this variation might become confusing at times. anyway, we can change back the rules any time :)
I thought of extending the reply possibilities: not only band names but also album titles are valid (not necessarily from the same band. but tell whose album it is.). I think this would bring more variation and life to the thread.
it would work with single-word band names as well as with band names that consist of 2 or more words (love lies bleeding, thy serpent, raise hell,......) or that are compounded words (sky-fire, soil-work, ever-grey; also: un-holy, .........). we take one part of a band name/album title and form another band name/album title out of it. (no cheating! I will look up titles as often as I can :err: ;) ).
for example: skyfire -> skydancer (dark tranquillity) -> dark funeral -> secrets of the black past (dark funeral) -> dance across the past (exhumation) -> hagalaz' runedance -> secret of the runes (therion) -> betray my secret -> my darkest hate -> massive brutality (my darkest hate) -> hate breeder (children of bodom) -> teach children to worship satan (dark funeral) -> ..... I think you got the point ;)

what's everone's opinion about that? yes or no? other suggestions?

Originally posted by Eldzik
@Opi: i wait for new directions:p yeah, that's same Silencer, but i never heard them. but... i want this album. they received great reviews...
if I had known that some months earlier, I would have kept it for you - sorry, though. that this piece got good critics is far beyond my understanding :confused: o_O to me, it's uncontrolled shrieking without any apparent belonging to the sound (I dare not even say "music" :heh: )

Originally posted by opacity

if I had known that some months earlier, I would have kept it for you - sorry, though. that this piece got good critics is far beyond my understanding :confused: o_O to me, it's uncontrolled shrieking without any apparent belonging to the sound (I dare not even say "music" :heh: )

well, i read reviews: they are great, because plays like Darkthrone, pure black metal... but if you told about Silencer "crap", it must be truth;) ok, i erase Silencer from my want list:D

:oops: my word counts so much? :oops:
to be fair: think twice! just remember our different opinions about sins of omission ;) plus, I was talking only about "death pierce me"

@Opi: come on, i have nice collection, but my want list is still long. and i must not buy all cds with good reviews. anyway... Silencer not be my top priorytet ever;)

Originally posted by Final_Vision
im gonna let you guys start since I dont quite grasp it yet :p
you mean, I should never write instructions for easy handling? :D

I thought the example would make it clearer

alright, let's go :)

SKYFIRE
(next one should either reply with another band or an album title (+ of which band) containing either SKY or FIRE. or you choose skyfire's album)