sept 19 is international talk like a pirate day

shit yeah.

that's why my band is called three sheets to the wind because we're all fucking pirates AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111six

:lol: I use that on instant messaging programs all the time but never in real life. Perhaps tomorrow is the time to start.

"Bung hole – Victuals on a ship were stored in wooden casks. The stopper in the barrel is called the bung, and the hole is called the bung hole. That’s all. It sounds a lot worse, doesn’t it? On TLAP Day – When dinner is served you’ll make quite an impression when you say, “Well, me hearties, let’s see what crawled out of the bung hole.” That statement will be instantly followed by the sound of people putting down their utensils and pushing themselves away from the table. Great! More for you!"

Haha, that website rules too. I'm turning in some job applications, registering to vote, submitting information to be an election judge and working at my dad's office tomorrow, this is gonna rule. :kickass:

Opeth17 said:
My basic formal greeting is "ahoy" so I think I'm set for this one.

Me too.

And on saturday I'm going on a harbour cruise with a bunch of metalheads with lots of booze. Shame it couldn't fall on Talk Like A Pirate Day, but it'll have to do. Arrr.

My friends consider me to be a swashbuckler at heart.

Pirate Like things I Do without thinking:
1. Drink lots of rum
2. Answer my phone "Avast ye" or "Shiver me Timbers"
3. Start conversations with "Ahoy" or "Avast ye"
4. Drink more Rum
5. Drink ale.
6. Drink grog.
7. When drunk I call women wenches.
8. Call my best friend a bilge rat.
9. Party till I pass out.

and...

gay_pirate_.jpg