talk like a pirate

popeye-1.JPG

No offence, but I don't see you getting signed.

I don't play an instrument so that is true. Also, they might be a decent band but the vocals suck, they sound like a 3rd rate Korpiklaani rip off. And besides, being signed doesn't mean shit, I think EVERYONE knows that. They just now have money behind their endeavour, it says NOTHING about their talent. If anything it says more about Gavin's e-beggary on band label forums than their music.

I don't play an instrument so that is true. Also, they might be a decent band but the vocals suck, they sound like a 3rd rate Korpiklaani rip off. And besides, being signed doesn't mean shit, I think EVERYONE knows that. They just now have money behind their endeavour, it says NOTHING about their talent. If anything it says more about Gavin's e-beggary on band label forums than their music.

Well of course the vocals suck, maybe youve listened to COB or William Hung, some examples of vocals that rape your ear drums. Korpiklaani rip off they may be however any band who has a folkish kind of sound would then be a korpiklaani rip off because most folk sucks, including korpiklaani, infact 90% of metal sucks. Also I don't know where youre getting your balls off stating that being signed means nothing. Ask all your favourite bands what the quintessential moment in the escalation of their career was and I guarantee you most of them will say getting signed and if you still don't believe me that getting signed is a big deal, I'm sure the fact that the distribution rights of their next record is world wide is somewhat of a big deal. I sincerely doubt e-beggery has anything to do with this, if you were a label rep why would you care what people said on your forum or what bands posted on them, you must think people care too much.

ps joe I think youre an alright dude, im not trying to flame you, I just think youre wrong here.

Well of course the vocals suck, maybe youve listened to COB or William Hung, some examples of vocals that rape your ear drums. Korpiklaani rip off they may be however any band who has a folkish kind of sound would then be a korpiklaani rip off because most folk sucks, including korpiklaani, infact 90% of metal sucks. Also I don't know where youre getting your balls off stating that being signed means nothing. Ask all your favourite bands what the quintessential moment in the escalation of their career was and I guarantee you most of them will say getting signed and if you still don't believe me that getting signed is a big deal, I'm sure the fact that the distribution rights of their next record is world wide is somewhat of a big deal. I sincerely doubt e-beggery has anything to do with this, if you were a label rep why would you care what people said on your forum or what bands posted on them, you must think people care too much.

ps joe I think youre an alright dude, im not trying to flame you, I just think youre wrong here.

:lol: Metal sucks :lol: I actually like folk metal, and I have heard x0480943804393 folk bands that DON'T sound in any way like Korpiklaani.

But let me re-phrase. Being signed is a big deal, I never said I wasn't. I just said it has NO bearing on their talent whatsoever.There's been some really shitty bands signed. I'm not saying that is the case for Alestorm, because I haven't heard their new cd yet. As far as their existing demos, they're pretty shit. Good music, aside from the stuff they didn't copy from Turasis and Korpiklaani, but the vocals are awful, and unprofessional.

there is 100% truth to my statement, the only folk metal ive heard that is out of this world either came from Windir or Ensiferum pre-whatever that shit album they just released is called.

there is 100% truth to my statement, the only folk metal ive heard that is out of this world either came from Windir or Ensiferum pre-whatever that shit album they just released is called.

Fair enough, but to denounce the entire genre of folk is quite the statement, depending on the style of folk.