Septic Broiler

NarkalepticNinja

satirical member
Feb 13, 2011
Behind Space
I just wanted to hear what you guys thought of Dark Tranquillity when they were Septic Broiler and released their Trail of Life Decayed demo. Give your thoughts on the humble beginnings of DT when Anders was the drummer of the band and Stanne was still the rhythm guitarist.

Anders still IS the drummer of the band...Unless you meant Friden and vocalist would be the word.

I actually liked it, but you could tell it was an idea in progress.

I meant Friden and when he was in Septic Broiler i read an article saying he was the drummer in the band. Ok, I just checked again, and well yeah you are right he never did drum.The article which since has been removed from the web for falsifying information stated Friden played drums in SB. Never trust the web. I agree, but it kinda amazes me the huge change they made from pretty much being an 80's thrash band to the 1 out of 4 creators of Melodeath (I also include Carcass)

To me, I've always thought The Mind's I was a refined and polished version of what they were trying to do with the 1989 demo.

Oh ok I can see that i guess with like the mood i get from the music, but it still seems a whole lot thrashier to me than it is death. Although the lyrics are still astounding

I just wanted to hear what you guys thought of Dark Tranquillity when they were Septic Broiler and released their Trail of Life Decayed demo. Give your thoughts on the humble beginnings of DT when Anders was the drummer of the band and Stanne was still the rhythm guitarist.

If youre referring to trail of life decayed, that was dark tranquillity, not septic broiler. septic broiler released the demo called enfeebled earth. as for me, the only reason i like septic broiler is because it's dt's earliest stuff and it is cool to listen to and see how far theyve come. it took forever to grow on me though. however, if someone told me to check out a band today and they ended up sounding like septic broiler (mostly because of the poor quality) i wouldnt even bother with them

TheAntidote i don't know what kind of state i was in when i posted this, obviously delirious and not thinking straight though, as i knew that already but my brain just hadn't connected with it. I personally enjoyed the enfeebled earth demo and the quality didnt bother me, i mean i have listened to Ulver's "Nattens Madrigal" album and their "Vargnatt" demo, so no production bothers me anymore.

TheAntidote i don't know what kind of state i was in when i posted this, obviously delirious and not thinking straight though, as i knew that already but my brain just hadn't connected with it. I personally enjoyed the enfeebled earth demo and the quality didnt bother me, i mean i have listened to Ulver's "Nattens Madrigal" album and their "Vargnatt" demo, so no production bothers me anymore.

Haha it's all good. And yeah im definitely with you on nattens madrigal. one of the best black metal albums of all time