Sepultura's New "RoorBack".....Weak Sales

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
SEPULTURA's 'Roorback' Sells 4K Copies In Its First Week - Sep. 3, 2003
SEPULTURA's "Roorback" sold 4,186 copies during its first week of release in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan. This figure is significantly lower than the 10,000+ first-week sales tally of the group's last CD, "Nation", back in March 2001 and the 18,000+ figure achieved by the band's 1998 effort "Against".

As previously reported, "Roorback" was recorded and mixed by producer Steve Evetts (SNAPCASE, EARTH CRISIS) at Mosh Studios in São Paulo, Brazil, and was released in Europe in May through SPV. A North American tour in support of "Roorback" is planned for October.

From BlabberMouth.Net

I saw that and just laughed :lol:

I bet you won't see Igor breaking out the tissues and start crying about downloading and bashing americans for not buying it. :lol:

I like the album. It is still better then against and nation. And I have My fingers crossed that Igor does not complain like Charlie form ANTHRAX about poor album sales, and stars calling the fans stupid.

\m/

Deadly Embrace said:
Sounds like Anthrax & Sepulyura should embark on a small club tour.........

Actually, 2 months ago Sepultura played at the same spot as TestAmenT. There was not that much ppl as it was on Chuck&Co. but they did great gig, new material is a killer - IMHO it`s the best thing they did since Max left the band - old tunes sounded very heavy with Derrick. I must say I prefer Sepultura with Derrick on vocals - to me he fits the band perfectly.
You know, in the beginning of this year Soulfly played in Warsaw, they did some Sepultura songs, sonded great but...same songs played by Sepultura with Derrick were much better than Max`s Soulfly.
Infact, Sepultura sounded the bestest of all bands I`ve seen in this club. Even better than TestAment which was too loud.
Next bands I`m waiting for to see at Proxima are Paradise Lost (end of Nov.) and Machine Head (Dec.).