SERENITY (austria)

renejanssen

Apr 19, 2005
Baarlo, The Netherlands
www.progpower.eu
Hopefully you are pleased with SERENITY, the band was requested by many of you, already for a couple of years. So its about time to have them on stage at ProgPower, according to the reactions on their latest tour with Threshold they will not disappoint you. These guys will get a good spot in the line-up!

Cool. I have seen their albums but never heard the music. I listened to their MySpace and it sounded good. Perhaps too much like Sonata Arctica if I must complain on something :)
Looking forward to see them!

6 bands - 6 winners so far. Looking good :)

Very nice booking! :D Saw them twice in 2009, once with Threshold at their tour together in front of a big (and very enthusiastic) crowd and once at one of the smallest venues ever in The Hague, when they did a headlining gig with only a small crowd at the time. Enjoyed their performance thoroughly both times. Alex (Ayreonaut) was there both times as well and travelled with the band when they were touring in support of Kamelot (if I recall correctly).

They're very solid live and their frontman is a guy that likes a bit of show, so I'm very much looking forward to their performance. I think they can almost be considered a headliner already, since I expect they'll be pulling in quite a bit of people just for them. Very excited :) Good pick, René & crew!

Yes i travelled with them for a few days, great guys so i'm hoping they will be there for the entire weekend:kickass:

this will mean Leon will certainly come along with me this year...

so what about another of suggestions Rene. Headspace ;)

Yeah, Great! When they were going to play in Barcelona with Kamelot and Delain, the singer got sick, and therefore we missed Serenity here. Here's a new chance!
Their music is awesome. More stuff like this please! :)

In SERENITY's history, this is the first truly sad message we have to publish. Simon Holzknecht - bass guitars - quits SERENITY due to personal reasons.
Within the last couple of years Simon was a constant and important part within the band and his bass playing completed our releases (Words Untold & Dreams Unlived, Fallen Sanctuary) as well as our live performances. We have a lot of great memories to share from our weeks and weeks on tour, in studio, rehearsing or simply having fun with each other. We know hoch much effort and idealism is needed for a band such as SERENITY and so we fully understand and back up his decision. Of course we wish him the best for his future career - no matter in which direction it may lead. Simon stated that he will not join another band immediately -- what the future holds... we will see (or better hear).
Be assured that this will have absolutely no effect on our upcoming release or our live gigs! Bass guitars for our upcoming release "Death & Legacy" were already recorded by Tom Buchberger (guitars, songwriting).
fabio.jpg
And here are the good news! Fabio D'Amore (Pathosray, Fairyland) will join SERENITY for all future live performances starting with our ProgPower Europe (NL) gig on the 1st of October 2010. Fabio plays in several bands and runs his own studio in PORDENONE (IT). The fact that his other bands only perform some single shows a year made it quite easy to get him on board our battleship cruiser. He is fully addicted to music and we are looking forward to a whole lot of new touring experiences as well as gorgeous "Austrian-English-Italian-translations" (this will be pain in the ass ;-))! If Fabio will become a full SERENITY member is a decision to be made by all of us in the future to come...
SERENITY
By the way... The new album is in the mixing process!!!