Serenity - War of Ages

miel

Mrs. Harvester
Staff member
Feb 17, 2009
After a year of composing, writing, producing, designing and recording SERENITY is extremely proud to share first details on the upcoming album "War Of Ages" due out on March 22nd EUROPE and March/April USA & Asia

A bunch of new symphonic melodic metal tracks is awaiting you!

Tracklist:

Wings Of Madness
The Art Of War
Shining Oasis
For Freedom's Sake
Age Of Glory
The Matricide
Symphony For The Quiet
Tannenberg
Legacy Of Tudors
Royal Pain
Fairytales (ballad version - LTD bonustrack)
Love Of My Life (LTD bonustrack)
While staying true to all SERENITY trademarks such as symphonic orchestras, heavy rhythms, amazing melodic vocals & bombastic choirs we also brought in some new elements in form of various new sounds in the SERENITY universe and a constant implementation of female vocals supporting outstanding singer Georg Neuhauser. More on that in a couple of days...

The amazing artwork was produced by Seth Siro Anton, who was already responsible for the arts of the bands debut album. It likely is his best work to date and the whole cover figurine is just as impressive as the LTD close up.

coverFINAL-22249ef5.jpg

figureshopFINAL.jpg

After Death & Legacy the band decided to work with Oliver Philipps on Arrangements & Orchestration - again.

SERENITY's 4th full length release was again mixed and mastered by Jan Vacik at Dreamsound Studios. Punchy and fabulous sounding as modern melodic metal can be.

More news regarding this metal masterpiece are just around the corner.

Let the war begin!!!

YOURS SERENITY

So very excited that we're getting another album already. They're running 100% success so far. Definite buy for me.

Looking forward to it. Definitely a great find when they were announced for this past year's progpower. Is it just me or does the cover seem a little dark for them? Actually come to think of it, it sort of reminds me of Moonspell's last cover stylistically.

Looking forward to it. Definitely a great find when they were announced for this past year's progpower. Is it just me or does the cover seem a little dark for them? Actually come to think of it, it sort of reminds me of Moonspell's last cover stylistically.

I don't think so. Their sound is often symphonic, but lyrically, they're not super-happy or anything... they've dealt with plenty of "darker" themes...

The trailer was a reminder of how great they were at PP with the PP photos they utilized! \m/

~Jen

This is the first album of the year to really reach out of the speakers and slap me in the face. Absolutely riveting stuff, "Age of Glory" is my new favorite Serenity song.

This disc is absolutely blowing me away. I've enjoyed all their albums, but this one really takes it to a new level. The songwriting throughout is absolutely top notch, and (to me at least) surpasses Kamelot's last album and the new Damnation Angels. All great, but this one is my favorite.

HIGHEST recommendations.

This disc is absolutely blowing me away. I've enjoyed all their albums, but this one really takes it to a new level. The songwriting throughout is absolutely top notch, and (to me at least) surpasses Kamelot's last album and the new Damnation Angels. All great, but this one is my favorite.

HIGHEST recommendations.

My copy's on the way from Laser's Edge. Your comments got me even more excited about this one. :)

Steve

Votum - Harvest Moon (really good on first spin)