serious re amping help needed

ParadoxicalPopsicle

New Metal Member
Aug 24, 2011
Hey guys my band are recording 5 tracks as our last ones sounded like arse quality wise but really need some help with the guitars, we wanna reamp them but dont know who to go to or what amps to even use, please lend us your thoughts, heres a track of ours, could do with a proper SOAD feel i reckon.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a side note, great job on the song.

Reamping is a fairly new concept to me, but I've done it a few times with moderate success. You need an interface device, the ASIO drivers for it, a DAW, an amp sim, and a VST that loads cabinet impulses.

First you record your dry guitar sound through the interface to your DAW. Open up your amp sim in the effects loop and choose a head that fits your taste and then bypass the cabinet. Load the impulse host VST and load the impulse of the cabinet you'd like to use. That's all there is to it.

Make sure that the impulse host is set to 100% wet in the VST or it will sound wrong. I use keFIR Impulse Loader. Here's a video with the link to the VST and some impulses in the description. You can find several free impulses all over the web, just google them.

Hope all this helps. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a side note, great job on the song.

Reamping is a fairly new concept to me, but I've done it a few times with moderate success. You need an interface device, the ASIO drivers for it, a DAW, an amp sim, and a VST that loads cabinet impulses.

First you record your dry guitar sound through the interface to your DAW. Open up your amp sim in the effects loop and choose a head that fits your taste and then bypass the cabinet. Load the impulse host VST and load the impulse of the cabinet you'd like to use. That's all there is to it.

Make sure that the impulse host is set to 100% wet in the VST or it will sound wrong. I use keFIR Impulse Loader. Here's a video with the link to the VST and some impulses in the description. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0nVsmoiEUk You can find several free impulses all over the web, just google them.

Hope all this helps. Good luck.

Eh... Not quite... I mean technically that's "reamping" in the sense that you're loading different impulses than what it was tracked with, but I think he wanted real reamps through physical equipment since he was asking about what amps to use... Contact Brian Hood, he does great reamps and has awesome heads.