Re-amping

abt

BT
Aug 1, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Greetings,
I'm a newbie to this forum so please don't flame me if I'm posting in the wrong place.

Anyway...

I’m in the middle of recording a tech metal style song. It’s a whole new process for me. In the past I’ve record guitars the old fashioned way, mic, amp etc. This time I’m recording all the guitars direct with the plan of re-amping them in a professional studio.

Does anyone have experience with re-amping?

My DI tracks sound awful even through an amp simulator, I worried that when I get to the studio they won’t sound good enough for re-amping.

How many guitar tracks are you recording? I usually double every part.
Do you use different instruments for different takes?

Many Thanks.

there's a sticky about reamping, give it a try: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/production-tips/290714-preparing-your-tracks-reamping-guide.html

I am a newbie too, but I reamp also because I don't have a real amp :p, so I always record my guitars thru DI. As I said, I am just a starter, but got some basic tips in this forum. I think most people quad-track (4 takes) and I personally I like different settings (or even different guitars) between the left and right channel (like of 2 guitar players had recorded the song with their own tone). I guess you can use different instruments if you feel like it too

Thanks for the link Dex, I can't believe I didn't see it!:oops: I must be going blind!:zombie:

This has help me a lot, I think I'll post a question about DIs over there.