Re-amping w/ VST's

Asphyxiated

Mar 3, 2008
Hey guys. I've been trying to get in to the whole re-amping thing, but when I load up my FX chain on the guitar tracks, Cubase crash. I have the FX chain loaded on all of the guitar tracks.

Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

/ Martin

I would assume it to be a poorly programmed plugin. Cubase struggle to load FX chains on tracks if some of the plugins are unstable or have a tendency to crash. It can even make your entire session unstable, leaving you no other choice than to roll-back to an earlier instance.

Yeah but it's Poulin's plugins I use and Waves for a gate. Should I just record the tracks with a DI and the re-amp them one by one to save some PC usage?

I know that one of the lepau plugins, the IR loader, is seemingly unstable when using Cubase. It has made a session become unusable for me too. I would suggest using a different convolution plugin.

Yeah but it's Poulin's plugins I use and Waves for a gate. Should I just record the tracks with a DI and the re-amp them one by one to save some PC usage?

I actually can several instances of Poulin's stuff with no problem. Try running memtest or keep an eye on your machine temperature.

Where did you get the waves gate from? Have you tried the built-in Cubase one? If they are cracked, all bets are off.

If you're using recab2 and have moved the impulse files, it'll crash cubase on loading the project. Fix for this is either to move the impulses back to where they were when you saved the project, or remove recab2.dll from /vstplugins then start cubase and remove recab from the fx chain. Then close cubase and put the dll back in /vstplugins. Be warned that with the latter approach you have to set up recab on the fx chains again.