Serj Tankian - yay or nay?

tao88

dedicated
May 11, 2007
Hey guys. Maybe its just me but i'm slightly disappointed by the fact Serj (lead singer of SOAD) is producing his own solo album. the band was perfect the way they were! however, ive been listening to his new single "empty singles" and i really like it. Anyway else agree? The music video is cleverly put together and the more i here it, the more i like it! i want them to stay together tho.

www.fasterlouder.com.au/serjtankian

Found this site where its free to see the clip and listen to his new single. go baby! lol (its in the clip)

I do not care for their new two albums, they were best old school, now it's just too poppy, I don't really care whether they stay together to be honest. Their Demo tapesup to steal this album! were good, then they went downhill from there.

I have to agree with Massacrist, after SOAD released Steal This Album, they just started to suck. And after hearing Serj's new song, it doesn't make me think any different. But because SOAD used to me one of my favorite bands I will at least check out Serj's new album when it's released and see if it's any good.

ill have to hear the rest of his solo album when it comes out, then I will judge. Empty walls is a "neat" song, but i didnt think it was that great.

I love all System's albums. Their older stuff was better (their self titled being one of my fave albums of all time) but Hypnotize and Mezmerize is still good stuff. I'm really excited about Elect the Dead too, I like all 3 songs he's released so far.
Oh and just to clarify, SYSTEM HAVE NOT BROKEN UP!!! They're just on a hiatus.

Yer, i agree with the part where ppl mentioned the original albums were better. His new song reminds me of the old stuff, thats why i like it so much

good i wasnt sure if they broke up or not and is Elect the Dead a new system of a down album coming out?

its not a SOAD album..its serj's own solo album. its actually being released on the 27th of oct..cant wait till it comes out. if its anything like the older stuff ill be realy happy!