Seth Putnam of Anal Cunt dead at 43

The Ozzman

Melted by feels
Sep 17, 2006
In My Kingdom Cold
http://www.examiner.com/extreme-metal-music-in-national/ac-singer-seth-putnam-dead-at-43

Seth Putnam, singer of the notorious grindcore band AC (whose fully expressed name cannot be printed here), died on Saturday, June 11, of an apparent heart attack. His death was confirmed earlier in the evening by his publicist.

Putnam was more an agent provocateur than a standard frontman, and his brand of hyperspeed screaming and decidedly politicially incorrect content garnered him an equal number of fans and detractors. AC's albums were best known for their offensive and satirical song titles that numbered upwards of 50 per release (their songs averaged a minute a piece). Many of the songs decried different people and activities as "gay", and prominent figures in the metal underground were regular targets.

In 2004, Putnam overdosed on a two-month supply of Ambien in what proved to be a failed suicide attempt, and he instead had a stroke that put him into a coma and left him walking with a cane once he recovered. He slowly worked his way back into performing live, at first by sitting in a lawn chair while performing vocals.

The details of Mr. Putnam's death are unclear at press time, but it seems likely that the vicious toll he took on his body was ultimately the culprit. While he may not be universally mourned, it's fair to say that the world of extreme music will be less colorful without him.

Total novelty act, but he was still a legend.

giv1.jpg

Eh, regardless of what you think about the band, it sucks that he died at 43. I hope the rest of the band and his family are doing alright.

Can't say I care.
That band name alone tells me his philosophy. Trying to make up the most offensive name and song titles possible, play shitty music, and call it being original.

Screw that guy.

Wasn't he like a crossdresser or some shit?

They did have the best song titles though.

Why is this topic here? Since when is Anal Cunt considered to be a metal band?

I think there were enough metal references in the music to warrant it, not to mention some great metal covers - including my single favourite ever cover of "Killing Yourself To Live".