Got the Time
Caught in a Mosh
Safe Home
Inside Out
Antisocial
Nobody Knows Anything
Only
Bring the Noise

I'm pretty sure that is the order. If it's not, then "Safe Home" and "Inside Out" switch spots, but I doubt it. I'll post more details later. I got to run.

Sweet. I hope they play Nobody Knows Anything when they come to Denver (sometime within the next 5 years).
I can't wait to hear that one live.
headbob.gif

Ok, some more info.

The show fucking ruled. I drove 270 miles one way to see it. Damn worth it. Also got stuck in terrible traffic on the way back home. What dumbass thought it would be cute to cut 71 South between Akron/Medina and Columbus from three lanes to one for about half a mile? I shit you not, I went 5 miles in one hour.

Anyway...

Brent is right. The Agora looks like the Muppet Show theatre on crack. I did not see Waldorf or Statler though.

Some guy came out to introduce the show. I don't know who he is because I wasn't paying attention until he took his jacket off to reveal a Steelers shirt. That got some major boos from Cleveland.

There's a new backdrop for the new album of course, which looks awesome. Place went pretty crazy during the opening of "What Doesn't Die." Even crazier during "Got the Time." Great reaction to "Safe Home," and it's simply AWESOME live. Place went nuts for "Inside Out." It's so terrible that album is not available, though at least the song is available on Killer A's. Of course, "Bring the Noise" also got the crowd going to end the show.

Someone here mentioned sound problems, which is correct. I don't know what the issue was, but Rob was on the side of the stage for a small part of a song. Frank also pulled down the cover on the amps on his side and was visibly upset.

This show reminded me of what a great backup vocalist Frankie is. He filled in parts of "Safe Home." The "I've been places in my head" and "And on my path just like a dream." It's great. I would love to see them do another b-side cover with Frankie on vocals. Nothing against John of course.

I met a few UltimateMetal celebs there: Steve M, Buddy, and Spidey. Anthraxfan was there but I did not meet him. Also, Jason Saterfield (SP?) was there. He's quite the bootlegger/artist. He doesn't post here but he posted a few times on the old Rage Area. I see him at all the Anthrax/SOD shows I go to.

I told Charlie the "604 fans" want XXL shirts. I also told him and Rob we need "Lone Justice." Rob laughed at me and said "we were going to play it." Charlie said they may do it. Yeah...

Also, for those that remember Mr. Bag, Charlie said he has been kicked off eBay AGAIN. Supposedly he was transfering Buffy VHS's to DVD and selling them, or something like that.

The award for most metal person in the crowd would have to go to...Ripper from Judas Priest. Funny story, Jason (who was wearing a Metal Sludge shirt) saw him (also in Metal Sludge shirt) and asked him "do you post on the Metal Sludge message board?" and he replied "No, but I've done 20 questions with them." Charlie didn't recognize him at first either. He had chopped his goattee and sideburns off. If it weren't for the Ripper tattoo no one would believe him...well, at least until he sang the high notes of "The Ripper." I wonder if he was at the Halford show last weekend?

RIGHT FUCKING ON!!
Now I have the details I wanted. That fucking rules, man. Thanks for posting that.
I can't wait until they come here again, sometime before I die.

Viva Lone Justice!!!!

Yep. Forgot to mention, I've been listening to "Safe Home" a ton since the show. It really struck me as great when I heard it live. I mean, I liked it before, but now I REALLY like it.
headbob.gif
It's kind of like when I got into "Nothing" (the song) after I got a tape of it from Conan. Scott likes to talk about how Cheap Trick could write good pop songs, and I think that is what Anthrax just did.

I can't believe I fucking called "Got the Time" "Persistence of Time" in the thread I did about this.

And the Agora has always been a dump, but it used to actually have seats and just the area in front to mosh in.

jdelpi said:
Ok, some more info.

The show fucking ruled. I drove 270 miles one way to see it. Damn worth it. Also got stuck in terrible traffic on the way back home. What dumbass thought it would be cute to cut 71 South between Akron/Medina and Columbus from three lanes to one for about half a mile? I shit you not, I went 5 miles in one hour.

Anyway...

Brent is right. The Agora looks like the Muppet Show theatre on crack. I did not see Waldorf or Statler though.

Some guy came out to introduce the show. I don't know who he is because I wasn't paying attention until he took his jacket off to reveal a Steelers shirt. That got some major boos from Cleveland.

There's a new backdrop for the new album of course, which looks awesome. Place went pretty crazy during the opening of "What Doesn't Die." Even crazier during "Got the Time." Great reaction to "Safe Home," and it's simply AWESOME live. Place went nuts for "Inside Out." It's so terrible that album is not available, though at least the song is available on Killer A's. Of course, "Bring the Noise" also got the crowd going to end the show.

Someone here mentioned sound problems, which is correct. I don't know what the issue was, but Rob was on the side of the stage for a small part of a song. Frank also pulled down the cover on the amps on his side and was visibly upset.

This show reminded me of what a great backup vocalist Frankie is. He filled in parts of "Safe Home." The "I've been places in my head" and "And on my path just like a dream." It's great. I would love to see them do another b-side cover with Frankie on vocals. Nothing against John of course.

I met a few UltimateMetal celebs there: Steve M, Buddy, and Spidey. Anthraxfan was there but I did not meet him. Also, Jason Saterfield (SP?) was there. He's quite the bootlegger/artist. He doesn't post here but he posted a few times on the old Rage Area. I see him at all the Anthrax/SOD shows I go to.

I told Charlie the "604 fans" want XXL shirts. I also told him and Rob we need "Lone Justice." Rob laughed at me and said "we were going to play it." Charlie said they may do it. Yeah...

Also, for those that remember Mr. Bag, Charlie said he has been kicked off eBay AGAIN. Supposedly he was transfering Buffy VHS's to DVD and selling them, or something like that.

The award for most metal person in the crowd would have to go to...Ripper from Judas Priest. Funny story, Jason (who was wearing a Metal Sludge shirt) saw him (also in Metal Sludge shirt) and asked him "do you post on the Metal Sludge message board?" and he replied "No, but I've done 20 questions with them." Charlie didn't recognize him at first either. He had chopped his goattee and sideburns off. If it weren't for the Ripper tattoo no one would believe him...well, at least until he sang the high notes of "The Ripper." I wonder if he was at the Halford show last weekend?

Justin those "backdrops" are called tapestries.
:)

ANd the Agora is literally a theater on crack. THat is the very corner where Kevin Mack got busted for buying crack!!!!!!

Hey all. What an awesome concert to go to period. Wish i would have gotten there a bit earlier instead of paying $5 to park in some crap hole. Theater was great. Was standing near the pit during anthrax, and headed up top during godsmack. g/f was gettin tired of standing there. She actually felt really good that i sorta "made" her go. You know why? Cuz she's into light rock, but thought Anthrax's new stuff ruled!
The drive sucked... Getting there was ok, just over 4 hours. Decided to drive to muskegon michigan on the way home, pouring rain for 2 hours, got home at 4am...almost 6 hours on the road...ugg...
anyway, anthrax ruled, godsmack kicked ass, just can't believe again how short it was. but yes, the free t-shirts were great. Hope to actually meet more of you next time, but cool meeting Spidey.

Goddamn they're still doing antisocial!?
I can think of a few dozen better songs to add to their setlist...but then again i never liked that song to begin with...they should bust out stuff like medusa or lone justice...

snickers said:
I can think of a few dozen better songs to add to their setlist...but then again i never liked that song to begin with...they should bust out stuff like medusa or lone justice...

I agree about "Lone Justice." However, it made sense to do "Antisocial" since that song was big on the Headbangers Ball.

snickers said:

Anthrax is one of those bands that amazes me with how many things rock as hell, but also with how as many suck. One of the rare bands that I go from headbang to puke to headbang to puke during a song, or a live setlist.