Setlist for their July 18th headline show...

Cloud Connected
Trigger
Alias
Pinball Map
Delight and Angers
Colony
Deliver Us
Only For The Weak
The Hive
Disconnected
The Mirror's Truth
Where Dead Ships Dwell
System
Leeches
Come Clarity
The Quiet Place
Take This Life
My Sweet Shadow

Source: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=17467

Still only 2 songs from SOAPF? WTF is up with that?

Lol, wow. They should just rename their tour "NON STOP HEAVY METAL HITS!!!"

I'd say at least four of those aren't "hits". And even some that are, are just fucking great anyway. I'd definitely get rid of Alias by now, and maybe only keep The Mirror's Truth from ASOP just to make room for more deep cut tracks. Also, this isn't their tour. Yes, they are headlining some shows, but it's still Mayhem.

Cloud Connected - hit
Trigger - hit
Alias - hit
Pinball Map - hit
Delight and Angers - hit (ugh)
Colony - hit
Deliver Us - will be considered a hit as it's the single
Only For The Weak - hit
The Hive - might as well be, since it's all they play off Whoracle now
Disconnected - gay
The Mirror's Truth - hit
Where Dead Ships Dwell - destined to be a "hit", second single probably
System - hit
Leeches - probably not, actually
Come Clarity - hit
The Quiet Place - hit
Take This Life - hit
My Sweet Shadow - hit

Sorry J313, I know you're competing with Krofius lately for the title of In Flames Internet Defender but that's a show of hits and it won't change hugely when they go on tour. At most one old song will be swapped for another, that's it. Say hello to In Flames, commercial enterprises!

To be honest, I can't believe they don't get bored playing the same fucking songs year after year. Their setlist has barely changed since 2007, and when they have changed it it's only to insert a few more shitty repetitive new songs which wouldn't be fun to play the first time let alone multiple times. Delight and Angers and Disconnected? Deary me.

Unfortunately as long as people buy tickets to their shows they'll continue being lazy. It was nice to see The Hive resurface... three years ago. Now it's just lame - do they know Whoracle has more than one song on it, and a number of songs better than the one they've chosen to play to death? Then again, if they did change song they'd probably change to Episode 666... God forbid N'Flamez actually experiment properly :D if they play anything off TJR you can guarantee it'll be Graveland or Moonshield :D they really are quite boring... and unless their set changed dramatically I'd have no desire to see them again. Their loss, right :D

Whoa, whoa, whoa. He can have that title. I never said they were a perfect band. I've said before that I think they should change up their setlist more often, about every month or so was my suggestion. I mean, with how they change their sound significantly from album to album, you would expect them to be pretty eclectic when it comes to live sets. Now, if they changed one hit for another, I wouldn't mind so much because I personally enjoy all their songs, especially live. But I understand what you mean. I've also only seen them once, so maybe if they play the same setlist when I see them next year, I'll get upset about them not ever really changing their setlist.

Hey I still visit this forum so fuck you retards.
They ARE playing the ''hits'' except for a few select songs, Anders fucking said it himself. Wait until they're going out on their own, then, they'll switch the setlist heavily around (the early song setlist thing) according to Anders at least.

And about switching around the setlists every month, come on man? There isn't even any bands doing that.
The thing is that when bands have songs with the status ''hit'' or ''classic'' it's almost a given that some or most of those songs are going to be played since they are enjoyed/loved by the vast majority of the audience visiting the live shows.

Ok, ok, maybe every month is a dream situation. But would every leg of a tour be too much to ask for? And I understand having staples in your setlist year after year. But look at Metallica. They are playing a different set every night.

It's a shame, they're almost slammed into a corner with set lists because they are not a big band. A lot of people I know that listen to shit metal honestly think In Flames is a new band, and have no reference of their back catalog. Nothing worse for a band to play and the crowd not reacting...

Metallica on the other hand is the biggest metal band in the world, and people are pretty much familiar with all of their stuff.

Hey I still visit this forum so fuck you retards.

:D Love you too bro!

They ARE playing the ''hits'' except for a few select songs, Anders fucking said it himself. Wait until they're going out on their own, then, they'll switch the setlist heavily around (the early song setlist thing) according to Anders at least.

And about switching around the setlists every month, come on man? There isn't even any bands doing that.
The thing is that when bands have songs with the status ''hit'' or ''classic'' it's almost a given that some or most of those songs are going to be played since they are enjoyed/loved by the vast majority of the audience visiting the live shows.

No matter what Anders the troll says, their setlist will not change hugely. In fact...

Cloud Connected
Trigger
Alias
Pinball Map
Delight and Angers
Colony
Deliver Us
Only For The Weak
The Hive
Disconnected
The Mirror's Truth
Where Dead Ships Dwell
System
Leeches
Come Clarity
The Quiet Place
Take This Life
My Sweet Shadow

The songs in bold are the ones I would guarentee they will play on their own tour. I'm even being a bit generous there. Now that's 11 songs out of 18 (which is about the amount of songs they'll play) already decided. With the unbolded songs emitted you're left with:

LS: 0
TJR: 0
Whoracle: 0
Colony: 0
Clayman: 1
R2R: 3
STYE: 2
CC: 2
ASOP: 2
SOAPF: 1

OK, this is how the album spread looks with the 11 songs they're bound to play. Assuming they'll have a setlist of about 18 songs that leaves them 7 songs to play with. With SOAPF just out there's no way they'll have any less than 3 for that album. It'll probably be 4 songs, but let's be conservative and say 3. That takes us down to 5 songs left. There will defo be at least one more for ASOP and CC as these are the albums their nu fans adore, which brings us down to 3 songs. R2R & STYE have enough coverage. In Flames seem to have realised most fans only like TQP and MSS off STYE now anyway. R2R is possibly over-represented, but Trigger, Cloud Connected and System are all "hits" I can't see them dropping.

So, this leaves us with 3 songs. I'd be surprised if they left only 1 song for Clayman, Pinball Map will probably be used. It's a "hit" and they play it a lot, but it's possible they'd drop it. If they did, though, I think it'd be a swap for another Clayman song. Perhaps the title track, Bullet Ride or Square Nothing.

Now we've got 2 songs remaining, with TJR, Whoracle and Colony still not represented at all. They could do a 'medley' to get around this problem like they did with TJR a couple of tours back... but I don't think that'll happen.

Instead the best we can hope for, IMO, is that Colony/The Hive get swapped for two similar older songs. Probably chosen out of: Graveland, Moonshield, TJR (wishful thinking, the intro to that song sounds epic live), Artifacts, Jotun, FFTG, Episode 666, Embody the Invisible, Ordinary Story or Scorn.

There's no way, IMO, the setlist will change much beyond what I just described - and to me, it's not enough to make me want to go see them again. I've seen most of the 11 "hits" multiple times, I have no desire to see anything from ASOP live and at most there will be 4 songs from pre-2002 on the setlist.

Keep in mind I understand why, and I'm not saying "fuck you In Flames, I don't get why you don't play old stuff!!!!"... I do get it, but I don't have to like it and I won't go and watch them whilst they try and play rock stars with their heffy metalz hits :D

I've seen them play Drifter a few times... didn't really excite me though because there are plenty of better songs on R2R, let alone the rest of their discography :p

Every time they release a new album it'll mean at least one less slot for an older song :(

If they could I'm pretty sure the setlist album spread would be...

LS: 0
TJR: 0
Whoracle: 0
Colony: 0
Clayman: 2 (Pinball Map, OFTW)
R2R: 2 (Cloud Connected, Trigger)
STYE: 2 (TQP, MSS)
CC: 4 (TTL, Leeches, Come Clarity, Crawl Thru Knives)
ASOP: 4 (TMT, Disconnected, Delight and Angers, TCP)
SOAPF: 4 (Deliver Us, WTDSD, SOAPF, Liberation as the closer...)

But they have more sense than to do that... at the moment... :D

I think opening their set with SOAPF would be awesome. Just imagine the beginning of that song with all the lights off completely, and then it comes kicking in.

I think opening their set with SOAPF would be awesome. Just imagine the beginning of that song with all the lights off completely, and then it comes kicking in.

SOAPF would make a great opening song!

Unfortunately knowing In Flames and Anders "Troll" Friden as I do... they'd open with TCP :D

Am I the only one who hasn't seen OFTW or Trigger???lol really... I've gone to the last 2 USA headline tours, they haven't played OFTW the last 2 times in the states and only trigger on one of the tours (which my date they didn't play it due to time constraints). So i actually would like to see those two but i understand people sick of them.

Here is what I think an upcoming headline will look like. The last headlines in the USA have been 16-18 songs. Lets say 18 for fun.

Guaranteed:
Cloud Connected
Pinball Map
Come Clarity
Take This Life
My Sweet Shadow
The Quiet Place
The Mirrors Truth
Alias
Deliver Us
Where The Dead Ships Dwell

Extremely Probably: (choose 2 of these)
Only For The Weak
Trigger
Delight and Angers
Disconnected

Thats 12 songs. There will be at least 3 more from SOAPF which is okay for the tour supporting it (the first ASOP USA tour had 7 from that album...) My guesses:
SOAPF
Fear is the Weakness
The Puzzle (it sucks but there is a shirt with a puzzle piece, hows that for logic)
I would also say there is a good chance of another from this album, probably Liberation but hopefully Ropes.

So there. 2-3 spots for other songs. I will almost guarantee another from clayman since they usually play 3. This leaves a possibility of 1 colony and 1 whoracle.... but something like Leeches might take one of the spots.

Heres to hoping for Ordinary Story or Jotun, but bracing for The Hive and Leeches...

I've seen them in non-headline slots twice, and there I was braced for getting pretty much no older material, still heard Embody the Invisible, Artifacts of the Black Rain, Pinball Map, Graveland and Only For The Weak, for short setlists that wasn't bad... I spoke to Anders after one of them and he was as frustrated about the length of time they could play for as I was. The time I saw them headline we got Insipid 2000, Zombie Inc. Dead God In Me, The Jester Race, Satellites and Astronauts... Some of which were getting a live airing for the first time in years, or the first time full stop. I can't complain at that. Okay, there were seven songs from ASOP in the setlist as well but the ASOP era's hopefully about past now and if there were seven songs from SOAPF in the set along with 5 or 6 stonewall classics I would be unbelieveably happy.

I don't think they would go that far. Lol.

They opened with TCP when I last saw them live so yes, the asshole trolls would :D

Am I the only one who hasn't seen OFTW or Trigger???lol really... I've gone to the last 2 USA headline tours, they haven't played OFTW the last 2 times in the states and only trigger on one of the tours (which my date they didn't play it due to time constraints). So i actually would like to see those two but i understand people sick of them.

Here is what I think an upcoming headline will look like. The last headlines in the USA have been 16-18 songs. Lets say 18 for fun.

Guaranteed:
Cloud Connected
Pinball Map
Come Clarity
Take This Life
My Sweet Shadow
The Quiet Place
The Mirrors Truth
Alias
Deliver Us
Where The Dead Ships Dwell

Extremely Probably: (choose 2 of these)
Only For The Weak
Trigger
Delight and Angers
Disconnected

Thats 12 songs. There will be at least 3 more from SOAPF which is okay for the tour supporting it (the first ASOP USA tour had 7 from that album...) My guesses:
SOAPF
Fear is the Weakness
The Puzzle (it sucks but there is a shirt with a puzzle piece, hows that for logic)
I would also say there is a good chance of another from this album, probably Liberation but hopefully Ropes.

So there. 2-3 spots for other songs. I will almost guarantee another from clayman since they usually play 3. This leaves a possibility of 1 colony and 1 whoracle.... but something like Leeches might take one of the spots.

Heres to hoping for Ordinary Story or Jotun, but bracing for The Hive and Leeches...

So you've basically come to the same conclusion as me then :D

They opened with TCP when I last saw them live so yes, the asshole trolls would :D

Really? That sucks. TCP is a horrible opener. I think it would only be good as like the 5th or 4th to last song, that way you finish strong with the encore after a song like that. But that's if you put it in at all, and I do like the song, but I'm not sure it's right to play it live. I mean, they're not Dream Theater who can go and cover Master of Puppets (the album) in it's entirity live. They shouldn't really experiment too much live like that. They do need to play different songs though.