Setlist for their July 18th headline show...

Really? That sucks. TCP is a horrible opener. I think it would only be good as like the 5th or 4th to last song, that way you finish strong with the encore after a song like that. But that's if you put it in at all, and I do like the song, but I'm not sure it's right to play it live. I mean, they're not Dream Theater who can go and cover Master of Puppets (the album) in it's entirity live. They shouldn't really experiment too much live like that. They do need to play different songs though.

Yeah, I have to admit I was absolutely gutted when I heard the opening notes. I hoped maybe they'd cut it down and just use it as a 2 min intro or something, but they played the whole song. It was a terrible way to kick off the show. Satellites and Astronauts made up for it, though... and the TJR medley was pretty sweet too. The intro to TJR sounds chilling live (in a good way).

Just watched the latest Bjorn interveiw on youtube and he said they are going to do a "Proper" headline tour after this mayhem thing....Europe....then back to the usa (early next year) and so on.

Just watched the latest Bjorn interveiw on youtube and he said they are going to do a "Proper" headline tour after this mayhem thing....Europe....then back to the usa (early next year) and so on.
Hey from the forum btw ;) Yeah, and this was what Anders spoke about, that they were going to play songs from the early days that has never been played before when they go out on their own later. I hope that is before or when they play in Sweden when I see them :p
Will be interesting to see how they re-arrange or re-work the songs, if there will be big noticable differences or just small things (like in The Hive).

Hey from the forum btw ;) Yeah, and this was what Anders spoke about, that they were going to play songs from the early days that has never been played before when they go out on their own later. I hope that is before or when they play in Sweden when I see them :p
Will be interesting to see how they re-arrange or re-work the songs, if there will be big noticable differences or just small things (like in The Hive).

Im not trying to take credit for them playing The Hive, live now. But when i won that contest and played on stage with em. Jesper asked me what other songs i knew how to play. And one of the ones i told him was The Hive. He said "Oh cool!" While i was standing waiting to do sound check with them. Jesper was figuring out how to play The Hive again. Was kinda sketchy lol. (probably had been a while)..... And then right after.... on the next tour after....they started playing The Hive....live.

Coincidence.....most likely. But still a cool thought.

Im not trying to take credit for them playing The Hive, live now. But when i won that contest and played on stage with em. Jesper asked me what other songs i knew how to play. And one of the ones i told him was The Hive. He said "Oh cool!" While i was standing waiting to do sound check with them. Jesper was figuring out how to play The Hive again. Was kinda sketchy lol. (probably had been a while)..... And then right after.... on the next tour after....they started playing The Hive....live.

Coincidence.....most likely. But still a cool thought.
Haha cool story, btw, where is that footage anyway? Didn't HJ shoot the material ? If I remember correctly you did play Jotun at least, and I think I can recall seeing some clips that people uploaded to YouTube? Dying to see the footage.

Haha cool story, btw, where is that footage anyway? Didn't HJ shoot the material ? If I remember correctly you did play Jotun at least, and I think I can recall seeing some clips that people uploaded to YouTube? Dying to see the footage.

HJ wasnt at my show. But Biffen did all the video footage.....I actually have a picture of me playing with them and you can see Biffen Video taping it. However, I have not once seen the footage. HJ told me there was some legal issue as to why he couldnt release the videos. I understand, but kinda dont....We were not given everything we were promised. But should i really complain? I got to play Jotun AND Episode 666 with a band ive like since i was 15/16 (im 31 now)....So really i dont press the issue with HJ, cause of that fact. I feel i was rewarded enough just by the pics and memories....And it doesnt hurt that everytime ive met them after that....Bjorn calls me "Guitar Hero" lol. They all remembered me. Pretty cool.

HJ wasnt at my show. But Biffen did all the video footage.....I actually have a picture of me playing with them and you can see Biffen Video taping it. However, I have not once seen the footage. HJ told me there was some legal issue as to why he couldnt release the videos. I understand, but kinda dont....We were not given everything we were promised. But should i really complain? I got to play Jotun AND Episode 666 with a band ive like since i was 15/16 (im 31 now)....So really i dont press the issue with HJ, cause of that fact. I feel i was rewarded enough just by the pics and memories....And it doesnt hurt that everytime ive met them after that....Bjorn calls me "Guitar Hero" lol. They all remembered me. Pretty cool.
Lmao cool, I do remember you saying that they were surprised that you had been a fan since 1996 actually. I guess they barely think that people from that era kept listening to them due to all the bashing :p