Setlist from Manchester Academy Gig

SYorksBear

New Metal Member
Nov 11, 2006
Hi folks,

I'm a recent convert to Opeth, only got Ghost Reveries. I know (seeing from other posts) that there is a difference in opinion as to whether or not this album best represents Opeth but it was good enough to make me wanna see em.

Anyhoo, can anyone post us a setlist (or note a couple of the songs Opeth played) so I can grab some albums with the other tracks I liked from the gig?

Cheers

if you like Ghost Reveries you will like Still Life, Blackwater Park, and Deliverance.

The first two are more melodic/twin guitarish, third (My arms your hearse). is more brutal. ALL are excellent.

The place for best album usually goes to Still Life. Blackwater Park and Reveries also get high votes. I suggest you get those.

You should be aware though that Still Life is a concept album. read the lyrics!

Hi folks,

I'm a recent convert to Opeth, only got Ghost Reveries. I know (seeing from other posts) that there is a difference in opinion as to whether or not this album best represents Opeth but it was good enough to make me wanna see em.

Anyhoo, can anyone post us a setlist (or note a couple of the songs Opeth played) so I can grab some albums with the other tracks I liked from the gig?

Cheers

They are simply that good.

I would buy Deliverance, Damnation, and Blackwater Park first, and then buy My Arms-Your Hearse, Orchid, Morningrise and Still Life.

Congrats on becoming an Opethian. You have some great music to look forward too.

Mix

Don't tell him what albums to buy since that's not what he asked...
This is the setlist they've used the rest of the tour, excluding the GR tracks:
When - My Arms, Your Hearse
Face of Melinda - Still Life
Under the Weeping Moon - Orchid
The Night and the Silent Water - Morningrise
Windowpane - Damnation
Blackwater Park - Blackwater Park
Bleak - Blackwater Park (they've played this at some shows and not at others so unsure)

encore either of these
Demon of the Fall - My Arms, Your Hearse
Deliverance - Deliverance

Though I do recommend you buy them all, GR is considered their worst by me and quite a few others