Setting up your DAW for an album session, what's your method?

In cubase I just keep all the same tracks in each separate project. If I need to add one to one for something random I add that to all projects and leave it blank.

Then you can copy and paste "All Mixer Settings" so you don't have to do each individual tweak on each track.

How do you copy and paste "All Mixer Settings" in cubase 4??

In SX3 you right click on the mixer and "save all mixer settings" and "copy all mixer setting".

I've always done separate sessions for each song. I don't like the idea of deleting the audio and importing new audio into the same session, because I like keeping the grid/tempo map around, so I've been using the "Import Session Data" function in Pro Tools. It only takes a few minutes to import the tracks you want settings from, then drag the inserts over from the imported tracks and match the volume levels. Is there a better way in Pro Tools, without getting rid of the tempo map?

There's no way to just clear the tempo map in the old project and import it from the other session? Can't create a midi file or something that runs the length of the project and stores the tempo information to load into PT and import the tempo track from that...?