Seven strings of DOOM!

Mammoth

Capsicum Slave
Feb 19, 2003
The Land of TAXES [SWE]
Visit site
Just ridden myself of an RR-3 for a Ibanez 7200, seven stringer. Are there any 7-stringers used by either alu or alexi for any recording? if so which one? My guess is sixpounder or something...

Ps. Oh bye the way click in on WELLY's sig= Laughed my ass off! I am not getting that demo though. sry wally! ;)

Mammoth said:
Just ridden myself of an RR-3 for a Ibanez 7200, seven stringer. Are there any 7-stringers used by either alu or alexi for any recording? if so which one? My guess is sixpounder or something...

Ps. Oh bye the way click in on WELLY's sig= Laughed my ass off! I am not getting that demo though. sry wally! ;)
i think sixpounder is in C

7 strings = Extra 5 notes..... which is better.

Also, Steve Vai pioneered the 7string, Ibanex had to ask Vai if they could market 7strings for Korn.

vai > korn

im all for 7 string. . . if you can handle it. . . which. . in this case, korn definately cannot.

NeedledWarheart said:
7 strings = Extra 5 notes..... which is better.

Also, Steve Vai pioneered the 7string, Ibanex had to ask Vai if they could market 7strings for Korn.
IBANEX??? :lol: :lol: But Yeah VAI, he is suppose to be king and all but I haven't heard a song that took my socks off yet? Anyone?? HHEEEELLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO????? Weird as fuck playing with an extra string let me tell you!

Who said the extra string is H? Do you know anything about guitar or were you joking? Heh...

It's funny that ppl make fun of 7 strings just cause a few nu-metal bands use them. An extra string gives you what, 154 frets to work with instead of 132 (on a 22 fret)? Not to mention you get almost half an octave you'd normally not have. It's kinda funny too, cause like ppl said, it was Vai who pioneered them, and Vai was the reason Alexi got interested in guitar.

If I had a 7-string, I'd probably tune it -up-... tune the low B string to low E so I'd have a low A and a high A. I'd almost have a guitar like Alexi Ranta's 29 fret Versoul from the Black League, then. But not quite. :b Although I'd say an extra string is much more useful than extra frets.

Sorry I said it was H and I WAS right, cuz in Europe most of us use H instead of B, sorry, Ive forgot about that, and keep that in mind, cuz there is something outside your great great american continent....

Wha! Playing the TITANIC fretboard from hell all morning, switchin back to my other six string it felt like playing on some starved ethiopians skinny-ass arm! The seven stringer really gives the lower arm a BEATING!! I will now suck on my thumb and lay in fetal position for comfort!

Whoa chill out Bodomic, you don't have to get all snappy. I'm curious, if B is H, what do you use for A? Doesn't make much sense to go AHCDFG... or how does it go the way you use?

Besides, I'm not even American... sheesh. I'm Canadian.

Actually, I've seen B notated as H in a few pieces... weeeird shit.

Oh, and 7 string guitars kick ass. I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want that extra range. What are you sacrificing, a slimmer neck? If your left hand technique is right, it shouldn't even matter how wide your neck is.