Seven the Hardway: T MacAlpine, V Donati, M Boals

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
from www.melodicrock.com :

"Seven the Hardway is a 5-piece progressive rock/metal band based in Southern California. Formed in 2009 by Grammy Nominated guitar virtuoso Tony MacAlpine (Steve Vai, Planet X, CAB) legendary drummer Virgil Donati (Planet X) and renowned vocalist Mark Boals (Uli Jon Roth, Royal Hunt,Yngwie Malmsteen). Joining these three legends are bass player Doug Shreeve and 21 year old Argentinean newcomer Estefania Daniel on guitar. The band's blistering, 10-track self-titled debut was mixed by the legendary Roy Z.
Tracklisting: 1. Liar 2. Guilt 3. Solitary Man 4. Where I'm Going 5. All I Had 6. Blame 7. The Wall 8. Good and Evil 9. Happy Ending 10. The Cage.
Written & Produced by Virgil Donati, Tony MacAlpine & Mark Boals. Released: August 23, 2010 (EU) and September 14, 2010 (US)."

I try really hard not to post negativity but I would have to agree with ALL of the previous posts... the down tuned guitar sound is a disappointment as well but I still appreciate the thread by KINGSGENE. Interesting enough to check out.

Heh....I can't watch YouTube or get to MySpace at the office, so I still have no idea what this sounds like. Just saw the text announcement and hoped for the best. I will have to listen to this when I get home...

I was really hoping that this was going to be good like Ring of Fire,but man this really sucks, from the 3 songs I have heard. Kind of makes me sad because I really like Mark Boals vocals.It is so bad I was kind of embarrassed to look at this music video.

Damn, I love MacAlpine and Boals so much I was really hoping for something stellar and fresh. I haven't listened to the sample yet, but the above comments are depressing. I'll give it a whirl after the gym when I'm too tired to dredge up any emotion.

Same....Macalpine has always been one of my favorite guitarists and Mark Boals, well to me he couldnt do no wrong...

This...I only watched half of the clip on You Tube....but meh....

Looks like 7 The HardWay, just rolled Craps!