Seymour Duncan Live Wire Metal

Floyd

Apr 2, 2002
Visit site
what do you think about this pickups? Good for things like Melodic Death, Black, Thrash style Metal?
I'm thinking about buying a set of them (2 singlecoils and 1 humbucker, though I'll probably only use the humbucker in my Warlock). What do they usually cost?
In this specific set the potentiometres and the 2 battery-clips would not be included but I think that shouldn't be a big problem when I take the PUs and the guitar to a music-store and let them change the pickups, am I right?
and another question: those things are active and therefor use batteries. what happens when the battery runs out (I don't have any experience with active PUs)???

From my experience with EMG's in the past, I believe its pretty noticeable when the battery dies. i.e the pickup sounds like shit hehe.
I haven't tried any active Seymor's but I got some passive ones on my new guitar and I love them.

They sound really good, but they were too high of an output pickup for me...

Too much uncontrollable feedback for me in my live rig, and it would make my little practice amp feedback in a cool way though... and NOTHING except them ever feeds back thru that amp...

well, I didn't get them....
but well, my current pickups (Dimarzios) are good enough at the moment
I didn't really NEED new PUs, but would have taken a good AND cheap one ;)

Yeah, well the Live Wires are really new, and I ended up selling that guitar anyways....

I'll just take a SD JB or EMGs. :)

learn how to use your guitar volume knob if you ever switch to clean, or you can just switch pickups. the live wire metal doesn't have the clarity in the sounds unlike the emg 81, but it has a higher gain and more powerful sound. the treble and bass are boosted.