SHADOWS FALL: 'The Art of Balance' Passes 100,000 Sales Mark

VEHEMENCE

Helping The World To See
Jan 3, 2002
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
www.myspace.con
SHADOWS FALL: 'The Art of Balance' Passes 100,000 Sales Mark - July 2, 2004 SHADOWS FALL have achieved another great milestone in their already illustrious career, as their latest album, "The Art of Balance", has officially surpassed the 100,000 mark, according to Nielsen SoundScan. This is a huge accomplishment not only for the band, but also for Century Media, who have both grown considerably over the past few years. The critically acclaimed "The Art of Balance" was released in September of 2002 and is currently the highest-selling Century Family release, outselling such prominent artists as DIMMU BORGIR, ICED EARTH, IN FLAMES, LACUNA COIL and MESHUGGAH.

After extensive touring with the likes of HATEBREED, KITTIE, MISFITS, OPETH and THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN, the band were invited to take part in Ozzfest 2003. They were heralded as the breakout band of the year and constantly sold more records every week than other side-stage bands. Taking part in the fourth annual Take Action Tour 2003 alongside AVENGED SEVENFOLD and POISON THE WELL and then co-headlining the first annual MTV2 "Headbanger's Ball Tour" with KILLSWITCH ENGAGE and LAMB OF GOD, SHADOWS FALL solidified their fan base and were certifiably the new leaders of the genre. Videos for the tracks "Thoughts Without Word", "Destroyer of Sense", and "The Idiot Box" were greatly embraced and supported by "Headbanger's Ball" and "Uranium", two shows where the band appeared as guests several times. All this exposure has enabled SHADOWS FALL watch both their fan base, and record sales, explode.

The group are currently touring Europe and will release their highly anticipated new album, "The War Within", on September 21.

Hopefully they dont change their music to further please the douche bags who are starting to like them.

hopefully they make more songs like that "Of One Blood" song
that song rocks
i have art of balance i think it rocks too lol
u cant really put em in a category though, they keep changing
so theyre just METAL :headbang:
lol

you know, my opinion of shadows fall is this:
Excellent musicians, incredibly talented, but a useless front man.
I think they would so much better if they ditched that vocalist. Both of the other guitarists are better growlers/screamers and clean vocalists. They'd be so much better off as a 4 piece. Just my 2 cents

Wolftribe said:
you know, my opinion of shadows fall is this:
Excellent musicians, incredibly talented, but a useless front man.
I think they would so much better if they ditched that vocalist. Both of the other guitarists are better growlers/screamers and clean vocalists. They'd be so much better off as a 4 piece. Just my 2 cents
i would agree if brian flair wasnt an amazing lyrics-composer
but yeah, they should make shadows fall go back to their root while keeping the melodic sort of feel of the art of balance

Lots of touring, good booking agency (The Agency Group) I remember them 5 years ago, Shadows Fall getting on every tour. The Ozzfest thing really helps as well. I remember my friend Shelley sending me a couple of their demo songs when they werent even a big band, I didnt think much of it, but they sure crept up the metal scene, took them only about 5 years in the business, Nile is in the same route.

VEHEMENCE said:
Lots of touring, good booking agency (The Agency Group) I remember them 5 years ago, Shadows Fall getting on every tour. The Ozzfest thing really helps as well. I remember my friend Shelley sending me a couple of their demo songs when they werent even a big band, I didnt think much of it, but they sure crept up the metal scene, took them only about 5 years in the business, Nile is in the same route.

Yup, also they have a bit of appeal to the mainstream hardcore people. ANd as soon as century media noticed that, they started plastering advertisements in every magazine and getting them interviews on metal tv shows.

VEHEMENCE said:
They are a good band, hope to tour with them in future. All That Remains singer used to be their front man for their first album, just in case anyone didnt know about that.
Yeah i have that album, its pretty good. More metal, and less "core"

It's been pretty crazy to watch them excel so quickly. I remember seeing them live in 2000 on the King Diamond tour and Emo's in Austin. KD actually cancelled, so there wasn't much of a crowd. They put on a hell of a show, though.
To their credit, they really worked their asses off during 2000 and 2001. They were pretty much constantly on the road for about a year and a half, if I remember correctly.
However, I think they are musically pretty average, especially the new stuff. Just my 2 cents. I wish 'em the best though. Brian is cool as hell.

100,000 in america? that;s cool

hoepfully they don't change, though. i still like Of One Blood more, though

Good luck to the band. They're getting better each time they put out new material.

(2000) "Of One Blood" -- Not much. Lyrically; generic, unfocused alienation, overalid by paranoid angst. Musically, loud and dull.
(2000) "Somber Eyes to the Skies" - regional release
(2002) "The Art of Balance" -- Focused and intelligent lyrics, variety and more structure in songs -- yielded intense listenable music. Much heavier than One Blood, but overall, it is a huge improvement.
(2003) "Destroyer Of Senses" - 2 songs. single?
(2004) "Dead Fall" -- Japanese release. US marketing backfired, despite good reviews.