Shameless bragging part two

DrillSergeant

Nov 14, 2003
Bavaria, Germany
Visit site
I just had to brag somewhere with my latest purchases and as nobody of my friends would listen you guys have the "honor", hehehe.

Annihilator - All For You, The One & Set The World On Fire
Black Sabbath - Seventh Star
Exodus - Another Lesson In Violence
Flotsam And Jetsam - When The Storm Comes Down
Iron Angel - Winds Of War & Hellish Crossfire (has yet to arrive)
Lizzy Borden - Boxset including Visual Lies, Menace To Society & Love You To Pieces
Marduk - Infernal Eternal
Motörhead - Inferno, Sacrifice, No Remorse (Do-CD), On Parole
Ozzy - The Ultimate Sin & Blizzard Of Ozz
Ultimatum - Mechanics Of Perilous Times & Puppet Of Destruction (has yet to arrive)
Unleashed - Sworn Allegiance

I have to admit though that I got many of them through trading. So I didn't pay for all.

DrillSergeant said:
I just had to brag somewhere with my latest purchases and as nobody of my friends would listen you guys have the "honor", hehehe.

Lizzy Borden - Boxset including Visual Lies, Menace To Society & Love You To

WOW!! What is this?!! When did a Lizzy Borden box come out? Serge, is there any extra stuff with it like a book or anything?

Profanity said:
Thanks! Yeah, it is very nice indeed. Especially as I was broke for months now. Thank God that is over for the moment.

Fangface said:
You're in a thrash mood Serge, right? :loco:

You'll probably be "a bit" surprised by the new Annihilator though, hehe...
Totally, yeah. For quite some time now. I don't know what it is but with the new Exodus and Death Angel out and the German Thrash trinity steaming ahead at full power again I really can't help but revelling in sweet memories of my own teen years when we used to blast Metallica, Slayer and Sodom in the cellar at my buddy's.
Actually I wasn't that much surprised. I have no problem with this new approach. It wasn't quite what I expected after knowing only the first two albums for all these years though. But I like it. the only thing I had to get used to is the new singer. He reminds me a lot of the guy in Slipknot.

JonnyD said:
TThats cool Buddy! :D I just picked me up Some Annihilator too! I got Alice in Hell and Never, Neverland! :)
These two were the only ones I owned for years. It was actually quite recently that I re-discovered Annihilator again. Pretty much the same phenomenon that happened to me with Over Kill and Testament. I just wonder who brought them back to my attention... :worship:

Greeno said:
WOW!! What is this?!! When did a Lizzy Borden box come out? Serge, is there any extra stuff with it like a book or anything?
Well, box might be a bit exaggerated. It's pretty much just three CDs in a cardboard box. But look for yourself:

B00029MM4Q.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/AS...612/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/028-9309794-9682920

The Lizzy "box" is cool. It looks like it's the reissues with the bonus tracks that Metal Blade did a year or so back. Very Nice!

DrillSergeant said:
These two were the only ones I owned for years. It was actually quite recently that I re-discovered Annihilator again. Pretty much the same phenomenon that happened to me with Over Kill and Testament. I just wonder who brought them back to my attention... :worship:
:) Annihilator is one of those bands I always meant to get into But just never did I heard Set the world on fire years ago and I remember not liking it so I moved on untill recently when I heard the Song Alison Hell I knew I had to go and Fucking get it! ..... as for what brought them back to your attention Who knows :tickled:

JonnyD said:
TThats cool Buddy! :D I just picked me up Some Annihilator too! I got Alice in Hell and Never, Neverland! :)

So did I! :) I take it you got the double disc w/both albums for the price of one? That always works quite nicely ;)

Fangface said:
You're in a thrash mood Serge, right? :loco:

You'll probably be "a bit" surprised by the new Annihilator though, hehe...

:p it's not that bad...I enjoy a lot of that album...really like Dr. Psycho...hilarious! :lol:

Fangface said:
Well I kinda like the songs (except for the title track), but I can't stand their new singer... and all those vocal effects as well.

:yuk: I am w/you on the title track and the 2 LAMEEEEE ballads, otherwise I like it much. I don't mind the vocal effects that much. It's an ok album to own at any rate :D

Sarge! Nice haul!!!! I have a couple questions...the LIZZY set looks KILLLLLLLLLLER! I gotta track that down...also did OZZY just put out Ultimate Sin remastered? Because I heard of you and Swine picking the disc up the same week...just wondered. I would buy that too. Finally, I have never heard ANNIHILATOR...can you compare their style to anybody? I have seen a couple of their albums in the used bins but never taken the gamble.....do they have an "Exodus" sound, or are they more like "Slayer" or more like "Accept" or what. Just in general, are they very heavy, fast, melodic, etc....
thanks!
Ted

tedvanfrehley said:
Sarge! Nice haul!!!! I have a couple questions...the LIZZY set looks KILLLLLLLLLLER! I gotta track that down...also did OZZY just put out Ultimate Sin remastered? Because I heard of you and Swine picking the disc up the same week...just wondered. I would buy that too. Finally, I have never heard ANNIHILATOR...can you compare their style to anybody? I have seen a couple of their albums in the used bins but never taken the gamble.....do they have an "Exodus" sound, or are they more like "Slayer" or more like "Accept" or what. Just in general, are they very heavy, fast, melodic, etc....
thanks!
Ted
IN REGARDS TO THE ULTIMATE SIN:
I bought the '95 remaster, they have pulled that from the stores.
Sharon, doesn't want Bob Daisley to get a dime from the songs he co-wrote. That's still on hold & hasn't been issued with the 2002 remasters.
And also Sharon has Phil Soussan on here shit list too. There was a story, where she tripped him walking into Randy Castillo's service. How unclassy, she tripped the dude in a fucking church!!!!!:yell:

tedvanfrehley said:
thanks!
Ted
Okay first about the Lizzy set: Note that I put a link below the picture where you can have a look at the tracklist.

As for the Ozzy disc. Really nothing new. Just the regular '95 re-release with 9 tracks. Here's the cover:

B000002B7V.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

About Annihilator: Whew, this is a tough one. I think their style is pretty unique so it's hard to find some comparisons. I'd say take some Megadeth, some Over Kill, some Testament and some Metal Church - there you have it. They are definitely a Thrash band but melodic at the same time. And Jeff Waters is a master on guitar which is obvious throughout all their records. Recommendations? If I were you I'd pick up the double-CD set Pabla and JD mentioned. Alice In Hell and Never, Neverland are really their best albums IMO. I like the new one as well. Even the title track. The ballads are lame though but Dr. Psycho, Nightmare Factory, Demon Dance, Bled and Rage Absolute deliver. Weapon X is also a killer tune.

Pabla said:
:yuk: I am w/you on the title track and the 2 LAMEEEEE ballads, otherwise I like it much. I don't mind the vocal effects that much. It's an ok album to own at any rate :D

Well I see you have found a nice home here Pabla. You go girl. ^__~

Bryant

Bryant said:
Well I see you have found a nice home here Pabla. You go girl. ^__~

Bryant

:D yes, I like it much here...it' nice to be able to chat about music in an inteligent manner without having to deal with petty insults etc...people in here know their stuff and of course there is a wide variety of diff tastes which makes it ideal for great discussions. Thanks so much for pointing this forum out to me! :headbang:

:err: although I must say some in here do have "slimy minds" :p

tedvanfrehley said:
thanks!
Ted

TED get the Double disc Annihilator Set you wont regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D