Shit years in music

But have you listened to all the music released in that period? If not, it's like saying you heard one bad metal band and decided that all heavy metal is shit.

So basically the entire thrust of your original post was that your musical taste is thoroughly suspect, and that you have so little interest in expanding it that you aren't willing to even download and listen to any of the highly lauded examples provided to you by the membership of this forum before rejecting them as uninteresting.

Even pseudo-metal albums like Pyromania are fucking great. And Synchronicity by The Police?!?!?!? One of the greatest albums released, EVER.

I think Three of a Perfect Pair is an '83 album. Not that best but it'll do.

edit: it's '84

Also things gone unmentioned

Queensrÿche - The Warning
All the best Marillion albums

Destruction - Infernal Overkill (1985)
Venom - At War with Satan (1983)
Helstar - Burning Star (1984)
Metal Church - s/t (1984)
Thin Lizzy - Thunder and Lightning (1983)
Overkill - Feel the Fire (1984)
S.O.D. - Speak English or Die (1985)

Wow, guess I'm really making friends here today. ; )
Just to be clear: NOT saying everything from those years is shit, I just don't own any of it. I've listened to some of the suggestions you guys posted and enjoyed some of them. If I had all the time in the world, I'd listen to them all; since I don't, I only check out those that spark some interest in me.
S.O.D. - Speak English or Die (1985)
I have that record. Why do I have it listed as 1992? must be a remaster.
Queensrÿche - The Warning
All the best Marillion albums
You don't like Hogarth? I could never really stand Fish... Warning was OK, not too fond of the vocals.
So basically the entire thrust of your original post was that your musical taste is thoroughly suspect, and that you have so little interest in expanding it that you aren't willing to even download and listen to any of the highly lauded examples provided to you by the membership of this forum before rejecting them as uninteresting.
I really don't care what is highly lauded. Lots of things I don't like are.

I wouldn't say GTFO because he doesn't like things that are highly lauded, though. I can't stand Guns n' Roses or the Grateful Dead.

*ducks*

I guess what I am asking is what is the point of posting this topic in this forum if you clearly don't value the opinions of the community and aren't at all interested in having your opinion changed?

He probably just wants people to agree with everything he says and think he's awesome.

haha and the same goes for you and everything you've said in this (and most others) thread.