Short Guitar Tone Test (PRS Custom 22, BKP Coldsweat)

Toni S.

Sep 10, 2008
Hi guys!

Just thought I'd get your opinions on this guitar tone I've been working on. It's just the guitars and it's not in a mix and it's not mastered so you might need to turn your volume a little up. I haven't even added any bass yet. The riffs are inspired by the Faceless/BTBAM style that I've been trying to implement to my music.

Check it out and tell me what you think:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2173088/test1.mp3

Cheers!

edit: I know this is kinda useless because the tone is not in a mix, but thought I would share it anyway.

I could probably put the gain up a tad, but if I put too much the Podxt turns to mush. That's why you really need to pick hard with the podxt.

Cheers dude! ^^ Yeah, I will try to add just a tad more gain to it and see how the pod can handle it. Also I think that in a mix it might seem less like it needs more gain, have to try this in a mix soon!

What? More gain? You guys are insane! Just leave the gain as is and tweak the bass tone to reinforce the guitars.

@ooidort

it depends on what sort of thing hes goin for if you going for a periphery sort of thing then this is really close to perfect but in my opinion i think bulb(at least on the periphery album) doesnt use enough gain, not to say it doesnt sound authentic or anything just that it bugs me a bit, and theres only so much a bass can do for adding heavyness into a mix, but ya it might work a little bit

I might just try it with gain like this, I've taken D.I's so I can always change it if I find it to have too little gain.

@ooidort

it depends on what sort of thing hes goin for if you going for a periphery sort of thing then this is really close to perfect but in my opinion i think bulb(at least on the periphery album) doesnt use enough gain, not to say it doesnt sound authentic or anything just that it bugs me a bit, and theres only so much a bass can do for adding heavyness into a mix, but ya it might work a little bit

Bass doesn't add to the heavyness of the mix, bass IS the heavyness.

well.. now. add bass guitar and heavy drums and thats all!. instant awesomeness. what impulses did you use?

I actually didn't use externel impulses in this one, just the Green 25's (I think) cab from the Podxt.

Cheers for the comments guys!