Short OPETH Cover (SD2.0/MetalShop test)

why would anyone want to cover lotus eater it's like the worst song written in the history of metal :( I fukin can't stand opeth, morningrise is their only so so good cd..... =( the singer annoys me...
just needed to get that out of me hehehe

why would anyone want to cover lotus eater it's like the worst song written in the history of metal :( I fukin can't stand opeth, morningrise is their only so so good cd..... =( the singer annoys me...
just needed to get that out of me hehehe

Assuming from your name...the same reason you'd probably cover an In Flames song (who I happen to think is horse shit)

It's called Musical Preference.

:saint: I know that! I was just voicing my oppinion.... the mix/cover was better then the opeth version

Assuming from your name...the same reason you'd probably cover an In Flames song (who I happen to think is horse shit)

It's called Musical Preference.

but still =( opeth to me sounds like a bunch of random notes and chords thrown in together... in flames has more of a flowing feel to it and the music flows along better opeth is just like chords and passeges that don't fit it's like they're trying to show off their playing skills too much =(

but still =( opeth to me sounds like a bunch of random notes and chords thrown in together... in flames has more of a flowing feel to it and the music flows along better opeth is just like chords and passeges that don't fit it's like they're trying to show off their playing skills too much =(

yeah thats your opinion we got it man, on the other hand a lot of people here love that band. if you want to play this little stupid game go to the Opeth forum and tell the teenagers there that their favourite band sucks ass. you'll get many answers.

yeah in flames is a lot better, their vocalist have a better growl and his clean vocals are amazing, so much feeling

nahh I'd rather not I don't like to trash bands... :) it was jsut one comment didn't want it to turn into a opeth disscussion

Hey, how about we talk about his mix! (How original....)

Drums are sounding a bit muffled. If you can I'd suggest adding more of a click to the bass drum and anything to make the snare crisper. Guitars aren't fantastic but they work well enough, there also seems to be a lack of low end in the mix. If there is a bass guitar in there it's lost in the mix. Well played though!

Hey man, advice taken.

To the rest: I think we should just chill it out you know... no big deal that he doesn't like Opeth. Go smoke a cigarette, drink a pint and relax. (I do love Opeth though :headbang: )

Anyway, thanks for the replies!

opeth write far better songs than in flames. they are musically better and the song-writing is head and shoulders above in flames. i could not imagine in flames ever writing something as moving as 'bleak'. once again it's personal preference, but i prefer mikael akerfeldt's growl over the in flames scream anyday. in flames doing a damnation - i don't think so! ........rant over.........