Short Orchestral Intro

well, it sounds like an intro, but there is not a lot of music inside... but perharps for intro it does not matter;) Harmony is somewhat ambiguos, I would take one harmony line a make it leading. And I would not play cymballs every time together with brass.

You need MUCH more instruments in the intro, more, bigger, richer strings.. maybe a choir?
The intro in it self is very good, but its lacking that really full orchestral sound.

Was that Edirol Orchestral?

You need MUCH more instruments in the intro, more, bigger, richer strings.. maybe a choir?
The intro in it self is very good, but its lacking that really full orchestral sound.

Was that Edirol Orchestral?

The strings were Symphobia, and the percussion is Edirol. I'm going to add some choir in there tonight, I definitely agree it could use it.

To clarify, it's not the intro to the album or anything, it's just going to be a brief little intro to a song. I'm imaging the guitars fading during the crescendo at the end and then a heavy as balls djent/tremelo picked section immediately following with the orchestration continuing.

As usual, it sounds good in my head, but we'll see how well that translates once I throw my guitar player in the mix :p

The strings were Symphobia, and the percussion is Edirol. I'm going to add some choir in there tonight, I definitely agree it could use it.

To clarify, it's not the intro to the album or anything, it's just going to be a brief little intro to a song. I'm imaging the guitars fading during the crescendo at the end and then a heavy as balls djent/tremelo picked section immediately following with the orchestration continuing.

As usual, it sounds good in my head, but we'll see how well that translates once I throw my guitar player in the mix :p

Yeah, i get ya'!
I used to play allot of stuff like that in my old band(When i was playing the keys.), and as i said, the intro is great.. but the sound lacks that rich ensemble feeling.. but i think that will get better with a choir.
Also, try panning the instruments differently, it does ALLOT to orchestral stuff.

Orchestral stuff is hard as hell.. because you want it to "move" as little as possible, but keep the harmonies and melodies the same! ;P