Should Guns n roses quit?

Riflewolf

Mar 5, 2006
Do you guys think GNR should quit, for me its a yes because Axl can't even sing anymore, and weighs like a billion pounds now. And they haven't released a fucking record in 15 years, and Slash and the other guys except Axl are in Velvet Revolver. Since 1997 they kept saying a new record "is coming soon". Now its March 2006 and still no word from the album.
What do you guys think?

I thought they already quit like 10 years ago but, now they got the dude from STP singing for them.

karrokid said:
I thought they already quit like 10 years ago but, now they got the dude from STP singing for them.

GNR is still around thanks to the stubborness of Axl, he needs to just accept that no matter what he does GNR is going nowhere, no matter how much members keep on leaving the group he always has to replace them with shitty musicians like buckethead. And its not the lead singer from STP (Stone Temple Pilots) that sings for GNR, its Velvet Revolver.

Riflewolf said:
GNR is still around thanks to the stubborness of Axl, he needs to just accept that no matter what he does GNR is going nowhere, no matter how much members keep on leaving the group he always has to replace them with shitty musicians like buckethead. And its not the lead singer from STP (Stone Temple Pilots) that sings for GNR, its Velvet Revolver.

No it's GNR that he sings for. AXL would like to think he was the reason for GNR's success but clearly that's not the case.

whitey131 said:
No it's GNR that he sings for. AXL would like to think he was the reason for GNR's success but clearly that's not the case.
I was talking about Scott Weiland, the lead singer from STP, who now sings for VR

Guns N Revolver or Velvet Roses, or GNF'NR or whomever all suck. Period. I never liked Guns from any aspect of their career. I just didnt like it. Never appealed to me. If either band never released another album, that would be good.

And its not the lead singer from STP (Stone Temple Pilots) that sings for GNR, its Velvet Revolver.
oh , well if they have 3 guys from GNR then they've got more Guns than Axl's solo band version has Roses so, they win and, they both suck !

Some halfwit posted on another forum I frequent last week saying the new GNR album had been leaked and he had it.
Cunt.
They should quit, but who cares, everyone knows it's not really GNR. I think VR are pretty good, but they need Izzy. If Izzy was to join VR it'd be perfect, he was always the cooles. "Dust an bones" is one of the only great songs on UYI 1 or 2.

Guns N' Roses have become a parody of what they once were, and Axl has become the laughing stock of the music industry. Even at the height of their popularity, Rose was a walking timebomb - the Sly Stone of the metal world, if you will.

I think that Axl (and, for that matter, what's left of Geffen Records) should cut their losses and declare G N' R to be dead. If Axl wants to bring Chinese Democracy out as a solo album, so be it... but while I'll check it out when if ever it comes out (hey, even I like train wrecks), it just ain't Guns N' Roses.

AFD was an awesome Rock album. UYI 1and2 had a couple tunes that were decent rockers but mostly it was a self indulgent Axl-fest. I dont think any of the other members had much much heart in those records...Lies was fun and Spaghetti incident was laughable. But heres the deal... if they had stayed together and the test of time what would be said about them now? What it all sound like? Would they have fired and rehired several members? I for one still listen to AFD and love it every time. In some ways I am kind of glad that it all went down the way it did. For me there is no GNR vs VR because it is too entirely different animals......... Good on Slash, Duff and the rest for knowing when to walk...

Axl is an asshole.. This group of freaks is not Guns N Roses...... Axl is not Guns N Roses either... He should accept the fact that this is either a new band or a solo project.. That would leave the door open for a reunion maybe someday... I will not buy it if he tags it with the GnR name...

BTW, I think Velvet Revolver pretty much kick ass....

Who cares, they'll still put out a record this year and still sell zillions. That's a pretty good guarantee to hear another new album that'll take another decade to be completed, and it will still sell zillions of copies.

Man they're already over-playing the few released song in the radio.